Drive belt on an ???? model with a 295 jlo motor

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Drive belt on an ???? model with a 295 jlo motor

Drive belt on an ???? model with a 295 jlo motor

Hi fellow Attex fans! I need a drive belt # for an attex with a 295 jlo.dont know model for sure!!! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

It will make a difference whether it's a 297, ST300D, or ST295. Does it have a T20 or Baker/Hill transmission?
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

t-20

If the engine is original, you most likely have an ST295 or a Wild Wolf. They both take a Gates 6086 or Dayco HP3029.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Ok thanks Don!! I used to have a sc 500 and a wild wolf but the wild wolf had an abs body.This one has a poly body!!when it warms up I will investigate this further and try to find the serial number!!! I think I got some pics posted a few minutes ago.

Cool. The engine must be a transplant- as far as I know, Attex never put a 295 JLO in a Poly bodied machine. Even so, it's not a bad combination and should be great.

I wonder if that could've been a Spirit. That would have been a real easy engine swap- they came with a G25A Xenoah: basically, half a Superchief engine. It looks a little orange, and the only Spirits I've ever seen have been 76s (bodies turned kinda orange after a while). That would be interesting to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I wonder if that could've been a Spirit. That would have been a real easy engine swap- they came with a G25A Xenoah: basically, half a Superchief engine. It looks a little orange, and the only Spirits I've ever seen have been 76s (bodies turned kinda orange after a while). That would be interesting to find out.
    I was thinking the same it may have been a spirit. They were sold with no reverse and the put block outs on those. Most people cut them off when they got them or shortly there after as the t-20 was still capable of reverse. Look for signs of those block-outs and you will know for sure. I wonder if George has a picture of the remains on the Spirit he has.

Just a note, it's got Argo tires on it. That's an indication it could have come from someone with multiple machines. As I posted in the new members thread, it could be a re powered Superchief, Spirit, or Tomahawk. It could have also been a rebodied Wild Wolf. Check the serial number on the frame rail above the right rear sprocket and please let us know what it is.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I havn't a clue but will get some better pics when it warms up!! Thanks guys!!!

Yes, certainly let us know. We'd love to see some pics.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread