McCoy's Wild Ride

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: McCoy's Wild Ride

McCoy's Wild Ride

A friend of mine has had the Superchief for a few months tinkering with it trying to get it to run right. He called today and said that he had done all he could do with the chaparral and he was bringing it back. When he arrived, he informed me that it would only run with the choke on. He said that the fuel-oil mixture might be too rich. I hopped in and it cranked right up and purred like a kitten with the choke on. I made a few passes up and down my road and I was disappointed with the performance, but at least it was running. We shot the breeze for awhile and he left. My neighbor then came over and I decided to put it in the shop. We cranked it up and I cut the choke off and, lo and behold, it kept running. After strapping in the harness, it was time to see what was going to happen. First pass, it was starting to clear out and run better. Second pass, even better. Throttle response better, pulling good, and pretty we'll cleared out. Third pass, time to let it eat. I went to the far end of the road and held it wfo for about 1/4 mile. She was absolutely screaming when I passed my driveway with my neighbors cheering me on. On the verge of out of control, I heard one loud pop, then another. I suddenly realized that I was going warp speed and had no controls at all. No brakes, no steering, nothing. Down across the ditch, out through my elderly neighbors yard, missing four different oak trees by only inches. I finally rolled to a stop in another neighbors yard. After cutting off the engine, I could hear Steven laughing hysterically. I finally got the harness loose and discovered that the nuts had come off of the chain adjusters on both sides and my rear chains had come off. I laughed all the way back to the shop as we were towing it in. What a wild ride.

McCot
    I Love the Smell of KLOTZ in the Morning. It Smells Like....... HORSEPOWER!

Glad you're okay, McCoy! Sounds like that could've been messy if you weren't so lucky. Ready for Ashtabula?
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Just another day in Frog Level.

I know that wild ride feeling! At Ledges there's a dirt track, and I was flying around one of the corners when my Attex popped out of gear. I went straight into a hole, ramped up, and knocked over a smaller tree half sideways.

Glad you're ok buddy. Hope you climb back on that horse!
    Banned

This is excellent! I'm glad that you stuck with the project and got the pig in a good state. I know it's a haul up to Ohio, but if you don't mind hanging with a pack of wild 'Yanks for a few days, it's worth the trip up.

Well i am glad there were no injuries associated with the wild weasel ride. Glad to hear it is running great now, just fix those idlers. Bring it to the ride in April.

Lewis
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways , cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!!"

Glad your ok Running at 45 mph or better with no steering is definatly a wild ride.

I'm going to go check my chain adjuster nuts right now LOL

Glad your safe and can laugh it off

+ Reply to Thread