Re assembling

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Re assembling

Re assembling

How are you guys attaching the body top to the tub?

Dave

Hi Dave, Early attex's used staples but I replaced mine with rivets and backing washers. Some machines use carriage bolts. Max 2s use a bolt threaded up through a flat spring steel doohickey and had a large wing nut on top. Take your pick and good luck. Later Mike

I use flat self tapping Phillips head screws and then cut the end off so they don't stick out. The key is to drill a pilot hole first or you will crack the body. Works great for me because I can take it back off with no extra work.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Thanks for the information. I assume your not using any adhesive and is the black edging stuff still available? One more thing, I'm looking for the rubber mounts for the headlights.

Dave

Where are you located. The races are held in Ashtabula Ohio and there is a swap meet during the event. I bet all that stuff could be found there.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

In Michigan out annoying the neighbors in something that has a motor in it!
    I have a body band molding off a Superchief that is available.
    The trouble with retirement is.... I never get a day off !!!!

It's in good condition. What's the cost?

Dave

I used abs goo and the bolts that hold the body band on.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...on-bumper.html
    Courage Invites Critics

Hi Lantz, The only drawback to that is you'll never get it apart again. I'd just buy a foam gasket like they use on pickup caps. Later Mike

From the factory mine was held together with ABS goo and staples. If I ever wanted to take it apart again I would take it apart like I did in the first place. But I have no intrest in taking it back apart.
    Courage Invites Critics

+ Reply to Thread