whats the biggest?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: whats the biggest?

whats the biggest?

What's the biggest tire I can get under a 1970 attex wolf? BANKS

Remember that just because it fits standing still,doesnt mean it wont grow at some speed,getting into the other tires and wearing holes in the tub.I would use 21" max.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1971 View Post
    What's the biggest tire I can get under a 1970 attex wolf? BANKS
    Are you sure it's a Wild Wolf? If the machine is a 1970 it's a first generation machine and it wouldn't be a Wild Wolf. The Wild Wolf was made from 1973-1975. The largest tire that I've seen on a stock, unmodified second generation machine (an Attex with a T-20 transmission, not the Baker Hill) is a 23". 23's aren't that easy to find so I'd say a 22" would work. Just to let everyone know, 6X6World member Hydromike did heat the body on his Attex 8x8 tank trainer to fit 25x12x9 Goodyear Rawhide III tires on it.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I think that the axle spacing is more the limiting factor. The tubs can be modified to clear easier than the axle can be moved. I don't recall the spacing on Attex T-20 frames. 25"?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMeg View Post
    I think that the axle spacing is more the limiting factor. The tubs can be modified to clear easier than the axle can be moved. I don't recall the spacing on Attex T-20 frames. 25"?
    I think you're right, Joe. The 25x12x9 Goodyear Rawhide III tires are 24.5" so there's about an inch between each one, but like you said, the tub would need to be heated and reformed to clear them.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I don't know much! New to this all.But it not a T-20 It before that.It's says patent pending....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1971 View Post
    I don't know much! New to this all.But it not a T-20 It before that.It's says patent pending....
    Post a picture of it, that's best way to know what it is for sure and get a correct answer to your question.

THANKS. I will take some pics tomorrow.Have to figure out how to upload. It would be nice to have more info..and this is the place to go!!Everyone here seems to be very knowledgeable.Thanks again..

+ Reply to Thread