attex issues

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: attex issues

attex issues

Hi I got an attex for free from a friend I can't find the year on it anywhere. Only three of Tue 6 tires were good on the machine. I got a used old Argo off line that had the 3 bolt hub converters on it and 6 Terra tires that hold air (badly weather checked) I put on the wheels on my attex and got the old rockewell 2 stroke running. The gas in the machine was so old it was like syrup. I put new gas in and got it running seems to run good but it constantly runs out of prime on the fuel. The hand pump colapses after about three pumps and won't expand again. But fills the carb to run for a minute. I installed new fuel pump but the problem remains. Also I'm finding all the pices and parts because this thing was ripped apart when I got it and I have everything except the bearing for the axle on the tub and the retaing plate any help on this would be great

Bring the machine to Ashtabula http://www.6x6world.com/forums/6x6-a...ke-2014-a.html There should be plenty of parts there, and helpto get it going. You'll probably even make a few friends. At the very least you will learn a lot about our machines.

Sounds as if the fuel cap may not be venting, try running9 not driving) the machine with the cap off.
    Depending on the carb. it may or may not have an internal fuel pump, carbs. with diaphrams like Tillotson and Walbro are rebuildable with kits and some have return lines that feed back to the tanks.

If it has a Mikuni it should have an external pump with no return line, both of those are usually rebuildable.

+ Reply to Thread