6 volt

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 6 volt

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post

Quote Originally Posted by philipatmaxfour View Post
    Me too Phillip, just too lazy to add all those things.

An attex is not an argo. And I agree I have never heard of a 6v attex or any other amphib actually. Why do you think it is 6v? What motor is in it? Maybe someone swapped another motor in it? Maybe some pictures will help.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    One of these Attex guys has to agree with me, unless someone changed the system over, every JLO I've ever seen has been 12 volt.
    Yes, Jim, every JLO that I've seen are 12 volt as well. I'm pretty sure there was never a 6 volt JLO engine.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Yes, Jim, every JLO that I've seen are 12 volt as well. I'm pretty sure there was never a 6 volt JLO engine.
    I am a little confused, what does the engine have to do with it? They are magneto ignition with an AC charging coil that that goes through the rectifier to charge the battery with DC right? Wouldn't voltage would be determined by the rectifier.

The voltage is made by the alternator (AC charging coil) , which makes AC. The rectifier converts the AC into DC. The regulator stabilizes the voltage so it doesn't go up and down.

There are 2 main things that would make an engine 6V or 12V. The starter motor, and the alternator. They will both be the same voltage. The rest of the electrical system must be that voltage as well. The recifier can probably take either 6 or 12V. The regulator would need to be voltage specific, as would any other load like lights, motors, and so on.

I'm out.

Yes I did put Argo instead of attex sorry about that I put a voltage meter on the power wire,coming off the engine and its reading 6 volts no starter it has a pull start therfor no battery its a 1972

Not being a jerk,but,are you sure your meter is set to the correct range AND is working properly? I would go to a source with a known value and measure that to confirm operation of my equipment. Industrial electrician here,seen a lot over my days. Any time I measured zero on my meter I would go to a known source and have it show me 480 etc so I was sure zero voltage was zero voltage and not just a defective meter.

+ Reply to Thread