Wild Wolf Build

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wild Wolf Build

Wild Wolf Build

After many late nights and weekends my Wild Wolf is just about all mocked up ready for tear down. When I bought the Attex it was a total basket case and being my first build I had no idea what parts I had and what was missing. After studying your helpful forum I started to work out what was missing. All axels bar 1, All left side sprockets,steering laterals and control arms, engine, chains and shifter mech.
    First pulled out the rusty frame and powder coated black . Then set about organising bearings sprockets ect ect ....
    Attached Images

I hope I've got every thing right..? If any see something wrong or that i should do different please let me know ...got more pic to upload but for some reason I'm having trouble uploading ill try again later
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Aussie Attex; 06-15-2014 at 06:48 AM.

Aussie, it looks like you have a good handle on it so far. I'm not much of a mechanic but just wanted to give you a encouraging word. The experts here on this forum are a GREAT resource. Good luck/skill on the build. I'm looking forward to watching your progress
    I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey but I Turned myself around!

Wow that looks really nice.

I am amazed at how many different models there are of just the Attexs alone. Your set-up looks completely different than my. ST/400/R

thanks for sharing and keep the update coming

Looks pretty good so far Aussie. The only thing that I would add, would be a locknut (Nylock, Ovalock) or a second james nut on the rear chain adjuster, where it bolts through the square cross tube. They sometimes have a tendency to loosen up with vibration, causing a ton of chain slack very quickly. Nice work so far...

Looking real nice!

Thanks guys, As there are not many or any at all 6x6 ATVs in South Australia the forum has been my only source of information. So thanks to Admin and all forum uses for a valuable source of information for my build. I can't wait to get this finish and see how it goes ! Next and my list it to mount my new B&S 23hp and as I've read will be a challenge on a 4 chain frame. I will post pics as I go. So keep the helpful info coming guys much appreciated.
    Thanks Chris
    Attached Images

This one has a 23hp V-Twin on a four chain frame

1st.Attex Rebuild - Amphibious ATV Pictures

Ok I have finally finished the motor mount and motor install. I used a 18mm stud roller to divert the chain slightly under the engine mount allowing me sit the motor low enough to fit under the stock engine cover. I machined a nylon bush thats pressed tight over the roller to allow for heat friction from the chain. After test running the motor and trans on the blocks all looks to be working well. I'm hoping this roller will hold under load, any thoughts ? I will post more pics soon.
    Attached Images

I have to say great job, this machine will be better than new when your done. I don't know if you have thought of it yet but you will need a new spring in the secondary clutch. Keep an eye on the chain roller as there is allot of force on the top of that chain.
    Courage Invites Critics

+ Reply to Thread