What's the differance?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's the differance?

What's the differance?

I own a Attex st/300. What is the differance on the st/300d ?

The difference between what? Engine size? Poly/ABS body? T-20/Baker-Hill?

The differance between an st/300 and a st/300/d

Look in the literature section of the home page. I just did. I'm no expert but it appears they all are suffix "D" I don't see an ST/300 only.

From my recollection, the Attex ST/300 and the ST/300/D are identical (first generation, ABS-body, Baker-Hill transmission) machines. The "D" stood for "deluxe", and included the ATV5000 or ATV7000 transmission with the reverse option. The ST/300 only included the ATV6000 transmission. I had a machine that was at least *labeled* as an ST/300 for a bit several years ago.

I am learning here also Andy I hope you don't mind me chiming in

That would mean D has reverse?

Quote Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
    That would mean D has reverse?

This is what I've been led to believe, Andy. Attex, their rogue employees (or maybe even just consumers with access to stickers and parts) put together unique machines that didn't necessarily follow the brochure-offered machines. I've seen Attex 297s with ATV7000s, Attex ST/300/Ds without reverse, I've even seen a 400 Thunderchief (not a 440) with a legit sticker that looks untampered with from the early 70s.
    Last edited by hydromike; 06-24-2014 at 10:29 AM. Reason: typical past participle mistake cleverly disguised as a misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    This is what I've been lead to believe, Andy. Attex, their rogue employees (or maybe even just consumers with access to stickers and parts) put together unique machines that didn't necessarily follow the brochure-offered machines. I've seen Attex 297s with ATV7000s, Attex ST/300/Ds without reverse, I've even seen a 400 Thunderchief (not a 440) with a legit sticker that looks untampered with from the early 70s.
    Depended on if it was Friday or Monday when it was built LOL My ST/400/R has a dash instruction sticker that says Model:300 ....Friday afternoon?

Thanks for all the info. My st/300 has no d on the sticker but does have reverse. I was just curious.

+ Reply to Thread