Axle Hub

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Axle Hub

Axle Hub

I did some searching but couldn't find what I'm looking for and I thought for sure someone put a link but I'm looking for the 5 bolt axle hubs. Not the adapters but the actual hubs without the adapter.

There was a 4 bolt one people were using from a go cart supply place.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Mike, I haven't seen many machines that run the 5-bolt hubs/axle tube combo that'll fit the Attex. Tank Trainers had them, but I don't remember ever seeing any other factory units from Attex or any other manufacturer. If anyone does know of one, please post the link....

I had to make the one's Gizmo is running from scratch.

Honestly though,they don't differ much from these that were made from "existing" items. They're what I'm running on my Colt build.

Last edited by JoeMeg; 07-11-2014 at 09:24 AM.

Those are exactly what I'm looking for. Time to start fabricating.

hi
    Find a vehicle in the junk yard with 5x 4.5 pcd
    Typically a rear wheel drive Ford
    Pull the axles and use the hubs [cut off and machine the bore to suit 1 1/4 etc ]
    Already comes with studs /nuts
    The advantages are the auto axle hub has a locator for the rim on the front side . This also serves as a dual purpose and acts with the shape at the rear side of the hub which is a taper . All this firmly supports the mount area for the wheel/studs etc .Far superior to an argo or max unit .

tomo

In Michigan out annoying the neighbors in something that has a motor in it!
    The FORD 9" and the 8.8" axles have been around since the early 80's in 4WDs like Rangers, F150s, Broncos, Explorers and the big Expeditions, not sure about the F250/350 series.
    The 28 spline is 1.28" diameter and the 31 spline is 1.31" diameter.
    The axle can be put on a lathe, cut off and the axle bored to fit over the Attex 1" axle.
    That would give you a .140+" wall to bolt to the 1" axle, should be enough to bolt thru.
    The trouble with retirement is.... I never get a day off !!!!

hi
    Using the junk yard setup in 99% occasions the wheel studs will have a raised lip that will need to be machined off . The lip is to locate the brake drum on the studs ,only small but u cannot fit a wheel straight up to the hub unless it is removed .

tomo

Had a question would love to know more about milling down old ford axles to make new hubs and axles. WHAT KINDA MILLING MACHINE, COST? HOW MUCH HARDER IS IT TO MILL HARDENED AXLES? ANY OF THES DINKY MILLS CAN HANDLE THIS LIKE A SMITHY OR SMALLER

If I had to do it again i would start with these:
    3 BOLT TO 5 BOLT ADAPTERS
    and work from there add on some dom tubing with a 3/8" hole.

Or if you know someone with a laser or such have them cut the plates like I did then weld on the dom tubing.
    The only thing I had to do from there is ream out the dom a couple thousandths.
    If you buy the dom 10 over 1" you wouldn't have to worry about it.
    Courage Invites Critics

+ Reply to Thread