Help Finding out what year my Attex is

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help Finding out what year my Attex is

Help Finding out what year my Attex is

Every time I take my Attex out people ask what year along with many other questions and I can answer most, but the year part is a bit blurry so far to me.
    1st gen 1970s about ??? ST/400/R

Is there a way of doing this by the serial #2232 on the sticker I posted?

If you go to my album there are allot of pics for reference, so I didn't repost them all here.

Any help would be appreciated
    Attached Images

You will need a wire brush and go to the Right rear corner of your frame over the axle there is a number stamped in the frame rail if memory serves it is the last two digits tell the year

I've never found a number stamped on the frames of the first gen machines, but if it's an ST400R and a Baker/Hill type (not the elusive T20, 5-port JLO, dual carburetor 400R that may or may not exist), it was made in 1970 or 1971.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Frame is real solid and clean, no #s to be found anywhere

just the 2232 on sticker

What clutch does it have? Salsbury has a month and year stamped on it in larger numbers then the other numbers on it. What numbers on your trans? Or wait you replaced that didn't you? 6000 straight shaft had tag on trans cradle. 7000 has it on gearbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I've never found a number stamped on the frames of the first gen machines, but if it's an ST400R and a Baker/Hill type (not the elusive T20, 5-port JLO, dual carburetor 400R that may or may not exist), it was made in 1970 or 1971.
    I thought the 400/R had a CCW ?

There is a mystery here with a 1st gen 400r and a t20 second gen 400r. Andy has the 1st gen ccw one.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    What clutch does it have? Salsbury has a month and year stamped on it in larger numbers then the other numbers on it. What numbers on your trans? Or wait you replaced that didn't you? 6000 straight shaft had tag on trans cradle. 7000 has it on gearbox.
    It has a 71 stamp on CCW 400 clutch Larry,original engine or clutch who knows and yes trans was missing and replaced with another 7000.

So the 2232 on dash is maybe just a production # ? Is there any track record for these? Maybe we should have a call out on here like the Max guy's are doing.

+ Reply to Thread