axle bearings

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: axle bearings

axle bearings

Hello. I have a 1970 st 300. Need new axle bearings. Where is the best place to get some?part number? One is bad.Should I replace all 6? Thanks!

Hi.I would recommend you contact Buffalo Bearings. Their number is 716-874-1720. If they are 1 inch axles the bearings should be (SB205-16) for the inner bearings and (HC205-16R3) triple sealed bearings for the outers. As far as doing one or all, it depends on how diligent you want to be and how much work it wll take to get your axles and sprockets out. I would do them all if you dont know the history on the machine. Best of luck

Pat

Called buffalo bearings .orderd the outer bearing last week.Called them today.on back order! won't be there till late next week.that means I won't get till the week after.Just my luck.not impressed with buffalo! I'm getting a little discouraged with all of this.had this rig 7 months and rode down the driveway once.it shutdown and that's it.can't get it to run.bad bearings.no one will work on it and I don't know enough.thinking I'm in over my head.I know I have to much into it.wondering if I should just cut my losses.

Eric, that sucks about the backorder but don't let that get you down about the ATV. Use the next couple of weeks to just set everything aside and forget that it's even there. When the bearings come in, start working on it again. You've come this far and it won't be long until you're up and running. Hang in there.

Yeah man, hang in there. It took me a long time before my machine made it longer than a half hour ride. I mean I trailered that thing all over the east coast tinkering with it for almost 2 years, but everywhere I went, someone always was there to lend a hand and keep me motivated. Lots of good people on this site, and almost every one of them would like to see you get that thing back on the trails.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I'm not sure the numbers patb gave you are correct for a st300, does your machine have aluminum flanges with 2 bearings on the outside of the body?

I'm not sure.how do I tell?that would be my luck...

First picture from larryw, second what it looks like on my machine after I had to cut the axle.

Last edited by ARGOJIM; 08-30-2014 at 08:44 AM.

It's the second one...What's that?

The second one is the later early style housing, the picture shows the measurements for the bearing. You could try to contact member larryw or don for an actual number.
    You also could redrill the frame to accept 4 hole flanges and go with the later bearings patb listed, provided you buy new flanges.

+ Reply to Thread