Metal Tub Corner Guards

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Metal Tub Corner Guards

Metal Tub Corner Guards

Does anyone know where I can get some new/used/decent corner guards? Mine are toast. I have tried to mold new ones using black kydex...they are ok but just don't fit perfectly right and I want it to look nice. Somewhere I thought I read that they were all the same for the attexes????

The first generation Attex is the only one that used the steel corners, but I think they were all the same. I've seen some that were fashioned out of stainless sheet that looked really good, but I don't know who made them.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Dons right 1 of my attex had a piece of 3/8" steel plate on the front axle. I thought it was for a plow it was only on the front of the 6x6
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attac...plow-mount.jpg
    Last edited by jeffery9076; 11-12-2014 at 07:17 AM.

The tank Trainers also had metal corner guards of a different style that should be easy to make and fit any 2nd gen machine. Just gave mine away though. you can see it here there is a flat plate on the side which catches the axle bearing bolts
    Last edited by racerone3; 11-12-2014 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Sometimes I can't spell...
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thanks for all of the info. If anyone comes across some in decent shape let me know! I guess I will continue with my kydex molding for the time being! Boy, some of those made from stainless steel would be really nice! There is a fab shop that I work with ... maybe I will send what is left of mine over to see if they can reproduce them??

+ Reply to Thread