New to me Attex

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to me Attex

New to me Attex

Ok I just got an Attex GT 295, got it running, but have a list of stuff to figure out
    Where is gas tank mounted? (missing when I got it.) Any pics?

Is fuel pump needed? I'm using a small tank strapped to top of engine cover now. seems to run fine without it....

What CCA battery should be used?
    Is a lawn mower style battery factory? Mine has very nice box and hold downs for that size only.

What horsepower is the JLO 295? Top mph stock?

please help.

more to come
    Last edited by Adam in Va; 11-12-2014 at 05:13 PM.

I think the JLO 298 is about an 18-20HP motor. There is a spec sheet in the brochure section of the site that should say along with the top speed here: Attex 6x6 Literature

For the gas tank, check out the Attex section of the gallery. There are hundreds of photos and I'm sure you can find one showing the gas tank: Attex 6x6 Photos

For the battery, a lawn mower battery is fairly standard with a lot of 6x6's. I would just get the largest CCA you can.

If it's got a Walbro or Tillotson carburetor, the pump's built in, but the Mikuni carburetor doesn't have it. Top end will be around 30 MPH. Did you pick up the ST295 that was on Craigslist down near Richmond?
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by Adam in Va View Post
    Ok I just got an Attex GT 295, got it running, but have a list of stuff to figure out
    Where is gas tank mounted? (missing when I got it.) Any pics?

Is fuel pump needed? I'm using a small tank strapped to top of engine cover now. seems to run fine without it....

What CCA battery should be used?
    Is a lawn mower style battery factory? Mine has very nice box and hold downs for that size only.

What horsepower is the JLO 295? Top mph stock?

please help.

more to come

The gas tank would mount under front of upper body where there should be a hole now if missing, the st295 used a one year metal tank which probably rotted like most.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

awesome info, thanks guys! Mine has Muniki carb, I'm very glad. I've cleaned hundreds of em, easy to tune also.

and yes Attex was on Richmond Craigslist. Contacted seller within minutes of him posting it! I've missed too many by waiting,(even a few hours). Been watching craigs and Ebay for years for a cheap 6x6 needing work, finally got one.

I've put a few minutes in seat time, and it will need fuel pump hooked up, after bout 10 sec full throttle run it fuel starves till carb fills again. works great just putting around. thanks again for the info.

Are there sprocket options to change gearing? Is that common? I've re geared lot of chain drive atv's, some for more torque, some for top speed... Like trans output sprocket?

+ Reply to Thread