450 tomahawk

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 450 tomahawk

450 tomahawk

Just acquired a 450 Tomahawk
    curious on the year and the good and bads with this model
    s/n# HR 10651IMG_1206.jpg

Nice machine, looks like the one that was for sale last year/early this year.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Pretty sweet looking machine!

Mine's a 1978, yellow model. There should be two more numbers near the serial # that will indicate the year. The Tomahawk was in the last generation of the Attex line-up. I'd guess your machine was made between 1976 and 1982.

I've had mine about 4 years but I only got it running about 1 and a half years ago. It's not very fast but it does not slow down much under a load. Mine's also very smoky for a four-stroke but I like it anyway.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Pretty sweet looking machine!

Mine's a 1978, yellow model. There should be two more numbers near the serial # that will indicate the year. The Tomahawk was in the last generation of the Attex line-up. I'd guess your machine was made between 1976 and 1982.

I've had mine about 4 years but I only got it running about 1 and a half years ago. It's not very fast but it does not slow down much under a load. Mine's also very smoky for a four-stroke but I like it anyway.
    So a 450 is a 4-stroker ?

Quote Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
    So a 450 is a 4-stroker ?
    Yes, the 450 is a poly body (3rd gen) with a techumseh OH160. The drive clutch was turned around and a driven that utilizes a spring system on the outside side of the ramps was used. This was to accommodate the motor being dropped down lower in the body than the superchiefs.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by amphibious drew View Post
    Yes, the 450 is a poly body (3rd gen) with a techumseh OH160. The drive clutch was turned around and a driven that utilizes a spring system on the outside side of the ramps was used. This was to accommodate the motor being dropped down lower in the body than the superchiefs.
    Thanks Drew I learned something today

+ Reply to Thread