New to 6X6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to 6X6

New to 6X6

Hello everyone. Just got my first 6X6 Attex. Believe it's a 297. Need help with it. Got it for a steal. Needs much TLC. I've built multiple motorcycles but never something this cool. Body needs repairs as well new wiring. First question is what is the best type of repair to do to the body that will hold the best. Body has been repaired with fiberglass in the front and a steel plate on the right rear side. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Wanna bring back to life a piece of the past.

Welcome to the world of AATV. Sounds like you probably have an abs body. Several ways to repair all in several places on this site. You will have the best luck with the frame out and all old patches removed. I prefer abs glue and fiberglass mat not glass cloth. I clean and soften body with MEK then apply patch on a piece of saran wrapped you can touch it and work out bubbles. Can also heat weld cracks. Good luck lots of great ideas on this site.

Thank you for the advice. I'm going to make sure everything runs and works this weekend then start disassembling it for restoration.

post some pics soon too

Got it for a steal,needs much TLC=Not so much a steal....

I found out anything that you can get running is a steal... Rebuilt the old carb on the original engine and got it running. The only problem is it doesn't steer. UGH!!! Found out this is a 69 or 70 attex. I ordered new brake pucks and will put those in as soon as they come in the mail, then out for another test run. Was told not to fix it by the guys on the other website. Don't know if I should believe them. I feel all old toys need a chance to come back to life. And its a neat toy.

It's absolutely worth a shot to get it going. There's a manual for the first generation machines posted on this site and it has a blow-up drawing of the Baker/Hill transmission. If you need any help with it there are a few of us on the site that still tinker with the old transmissions. Good luck with the old machine; post some pictures.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Hey Old Yellow,

Here are a couple links to pictures of the exploded view of the Baker/Hill that Don's referencing...

http://www.6x6world.com/images/attex...-manual-26.jpg
    http://www.6x6world.com/images/attex...-manual-26.jpg

The entire Attex FSM is located here, toward the bottom of the page... http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...r-manuals.html
    Ignore the curmudgeons and naysayers. If it's worth it to you to try to fix it up, it's far more commendable than sitting back pointing at other folks' projects and labeling it a lost cause. You should see the junk I've rolled onto trailers or pulled out of fencerows.

There's lots of help here if/when you need it.

AMEN Hydromikethe Lord knows if my tools are gettin rusty then set another plate cause Iam all done down here.Cheers NCT

+ Reply to Thread