Attex 500 project

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex 500 project

Attex 500 project

I got given a orange attex 500. The engine is a g50b and has 120 psi in each cylinder. What should the compression be? So far I built a new wire harness from a schematic, clean carb up and a few other things ran it for a bit. then ordered lots of parts. Tires, wheels, hub adapter, bearings, cables, engine gasket kit. On and on it goes.

COOL, I wish someone would give me one. Good luck with your build. Later Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike d View Post
    COOL, I wish someone would give me one. Good luck with your build. Later Mike
    Seriously, free AATV removal within reasonable distance, ok with in any distance, pm amphibious drew for details.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

So does a one no what the compression should be on the g50b engine? I have 120 psi in each cylinder.

There is 2 manuals for the G44b 440, should be enough of the same except bore size. Think you are good there.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Congrats on the free Superchief. A few tips for you to consider. Look around on 6X6World.com for deals on where to buy parts so you don't go to that "other" site and overpay (big time!). Next, try to keep this machine as original as possible to preserve the value and history of the machine.....avoid townie spray bomb paint jobs and cutting and hacking the body. If your Superchief looks more of a deep orange color than a yellowish-orange, your machine is most likely a 1976 model, the first year of the HDPE Attex bodies from when they switched from the more brittle ABS plastic. Keep us updated and post some pics, we love pics and new members with cool vintage machines! Welcome!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

How do I post pics? And am keeping as original as I can. It is orange has low hrs on it and it has the windshield with it to just needs new lexan
    . Just been sitting for a long time. I have new wheels, tires, bearings, chains, carb, cables, and a new plastic welder for the two small cracks.

+ Reply to Thread