Attex 500 SuperChief

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attex 500 SuperChief

Attex 500 SuperChief

Hello....I have just acquired a 1977 Attex 500 SuperChief....Wanted one since i was a kid and saw the Banana Splits TV Show....as you can tell by the reference I'm a lot older now. I have a question for all the Attex people out there....What are u guys doing to replace your rusted out mufflers? I am trying to restore my buggy and would like a muffler that bolts to where the old one did. Since I have not run my Attex yet...I can not tell you for sure that my muffler is bad but the person that I bought it from, said he thought the in sides were gone by the sound factor...and he was the original owner. Do i ask here if anyone has a decent muffler to sell or know what an alternative is to this problem? My SuperChief is in great shape for its age...I live in CA. where most of our Government officials never saw a regulation they didn't like or a fine they didn't like to impose (Guns and Second Amendment Rights....not gonna go there). That being said, I have to get my buggy approved by the Clean Air Agency before I can operate it anywhere off road in the State. It being a 2 cycle engine will be my next obstacle to overcome to be able to float it in the lakes or ponds. A new or at least unimpaired muffler system will help with this matter also. SO....Any help is appreciated. I know....Why don't I just move?!!! Well....My family business is here and I am not willing to run as long as I can fight...they put road blocks and I find ways around them....it has been a way of life for more of us here in Ca. than the press will have u believe....We of same minds don't want pity,,,just some help to beat-down some of this States restrictions. So...I am very happy to be part of this Community of 6 Wheelers and look forward to discussing great times and great stories with you all....One more request...I am looking for the rubber boot that attaches the air cleaner to the motor (Chaparral in my case). I'm sure there are other options than stock....but wanted to see if anyone had a spare stock boot that would be interested in selling. Thanks again for any and all help....Tim

Welcome, Tim. I'm pretty sure I have a spare stock air intake boot that I'm not using, and I might even have a spare Superchief-style muffler laying about, but I'll have to check on that. I'll PM you with what I have once I have a look around tomorrow. If I don't have it, I'll bet my bottom dollar that there are more than a couple good used mufflers here on the forum...

Thought you spent your bottom dollar on SAUSAGE!?!!?!!

I'd Move

Whipper

Attex 500 SuperChief

Thanks Mike.....Believe it or not, there are people in a lot of the regulatory agencies here that don't always agree with what they have to enforce....but they have to feed their families also. What I am trying to infer is that those enforcers are very willing to help with our problems as long as we cover their ass....like making sure our machines have the proper gear and the noise does not get out of hand....it also helps if our buggies don't start any of the courses and/or trails on fire. I can live with that!!! Believe me, even though it seems that the inmates are running the asylum.....there are still a lot of sane people in Calif..... Especially in the central part of the State. Appreciate the help from all!!! Tim

Where in Cal do you live Tim?
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Fresno

Not too far away , welcome neighbor
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Thanks my friend.....Glad to be a part of the Community

Where are you located?

+ Reply to Thread