Apache Springer Facelift

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Apache Springer Facelift

I also managed to get the nose ready today. I was a little worried about cutting the nose out for fear of messing it up but it actually came out pretty nice. I used a green nose I have from another project as a template.

I also discovered that acetone is great for removing Sharpie ink from HDPE.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by George; 08-17-2015 at 08:51 PM.
    Banned

Banned

Now that's some pit crew, maybe I'll bring mine back to you, guess the other four George's were out of frame but coming along nicely.
    Whipper has made assembly and dis very nice.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-12-2016 at 06:32 PM.

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-12-2016 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    You make that look easy George.
    The Apache is going to be about 35lbs. lighter.
    They left today.

Whipper
    "

"Bling" that's also functional!

Thanks Whip!
    Banned

Moving right along.
    Attached Images
    Banned

DSC_0227.jpg DSC_0225.jpg DSC_0222.jpg DSC_0221.jpg DSC_0226.jpg

Almost finished with the body details.

I was on the fence about cutting the headlight holes because many of the racers don't have them. I decided I like the character created by having the blackouts. If I ever have a need for headlights, I'll just pop them in. I'm still not sure about the whether I want an Attex decal on the nose or not.

The dash decal is on. Everything for making the Apache stop or go is on the left, the toggle for the overhead LED lights is on the right.

I'm still undecided about mounting the tach. After talking to fellow racers in June, I'm not sure if knowing the RPMs is any less stressful than not knowing.

The muffler port will be covered by an HDPE cover I made from leftovers from the upper. I was able to get 3 of these out of the area I cut below the dashboard. The cover will have muffler flanges outside and inside the car. I'm thinking that I'll mount the cover inside the car so that the outside will have a more appealing look.

I added two small holes to the lateral receptacles. I have a couple laterals that can't be removed from these because they collect water causing some major issues with rust. Everytime the Apache got a bath, I'd have to jam a rag down these to soak up the water....Not anymore.

Next I will be trimming the perimeter of the upper, attaching the upper and lower to each other and putting on the belly band. In some of the pictures you'll see some ratchet straps. Right now they're lining the seams up from both halves. The bottom looked as though it sagged a bit since being removed from the ABS top that it was attached to it when I bought it.
    Banned

Awesome rebuild George. Super sweet rims. I had drilled my lateral to because I can not get my sons apart. Keep the pics coming

Thanks Jeff!

Today I touched up the cage with some paint and covered the muffler port.

DSC_0751.jpg DSC_0753.jpg DSC_0754.jpg
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread