500 superchief

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 500 superchief

500 superchief

At what location were the Superchiefs built and when did production end at that facility and what other models were being built in the final year?

As far as I know, the SC was only built in East Palestine, Ohio and ended around 1980. I know there were later machines built and sold, but from what I understand those were more of an assembly operation using already manufactured parts. The Spirit was sold in 1976 and (maybe) 1977, and the Tomahawk was sold along side the Superchief until the end. This is information I've gleaned over the years and may not be 100% accurate.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

I have a Li'l Truck that has an "82" stamped at the end of the serial number. It might be one of the last machines that were made of factory leftovers. It was set up with a G50B and T-20.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    As far as I know, the SC was only built in East Palestine, Ohio and ended around 1980. I know there were later machines built and sold, but from what I understand those were more of an assembly operation using already manufactured parts. The Spirit was sold in 1976 and (maybe) 1977, and the Tomahawk was sold along side the Superchief until the end. This is information I've gleaned over the years and may not be 100% accurate.
    Thanks Don when did orange uppers show up or was it a option to yellow all along.NCT

1976: the first year for HDPE bodies. For some reason, the sun changed the original yellow/orange color of the plastic to bright orange, and some to a salmon tint.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

LOL Don, talk about stupid question,good thing they didn't turn pink.NCT
    Last edited by North Country Tough; 11-13-2016 at 08:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread