A few questions.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A few questions.

A few questions.

I am trying to find the correct tire size for an attex superchief. The one I have has 22x11x8 on 4 corners ans 21x11x8 in the centers. All 6 could use replacement but I need to know what is the factory size tire.
    Also I have been running around in the yard testing out the transmission after I rebuilt it with no problems, however when I tried to take my attex to the trails about 1/8 mile down the road I broke the front right chain. I repaired it and tried again and broke a link again. The sideplate just snapped. This was done whit going straight not trying to turn so I would think that the stress on all chains would be the same. I can do doughnuts in the grass with no issues but even going straight is too much on the drive chain when on pavement. Any ideas why? Just fyi I just got this attex and am learning so any input would be helpful.

It should have all 21x11x8 tires.

Thank you. Now to find new tires.

Are the chains OLD ? Also are all the tires aired up to be the same size ?? if not that will put great stress on your drive line !

Therein lies the problem with the 2 odd sized tires. I have the 4 larger tires low on air and the 2 smaller ones aired up a little more to try to make up the difference but on pavement the 2 smaller ones just float about 1/4 inch or so above the ground. I think that putting all six to the correct size is the first order of business. I was thinking on the same order myself. Apparently the guy who had this attex before me was not of the mind to do things correctly. I am now playing cleanup and making it right. The last think I found and fixed was the collar /sprocket in the t20 was an 18 tooth with every other tooth ground off to make a 9 tooth and then used in an 18 tooth drum and carrier. Now the oversized tires on the 4 corners. Wow! Good thing I like to work on these kinds of things. Too bad parts are so expensive.

It comes with getting an older used machine But if the price is rite and you don't mind doing the work you will end up good to go in the end.
    As far as Parts best thing you can do is post them in the wanted section on here as there are a number of members here with parts and ready to help you out !
    That is just ONE major benefit of being here !!

Attex came from the factory with 21" tires at one time, and 22" sometime later. Either should be fine as long as all six are the same.

I've found some transmissions with the ground-off 18-to-9 tooth shift spools when I've torn them down and even had to reuse one in an emergency situation (didn't have another one). The machine ran for a long time like that and it did fine. I sold it quite some time ago and it's probably still going strong. Just letting you know in case you can't find a 9 tooth.

Good luck on the project.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Also, make sure all of the wheels are off the ground when adjusting the chains. Rotate the axles while feeling the chain tension. If the axle has a slight warp and you didn't adjust the chain for it, the chains will break PDQ.

Did you ever solve this issue?

I was wondering if a piece of rag or build up of mud and leaves were not on the center sprocket.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Yes I did. The tires of different sizes appeared to be the issue. I now have all 6 the same size and Im running fine now.

+ Reply to Thread