Finishing touches

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finishing touches

Finishing touches

Hello all,

I would appreciate your input for some remaining items on finishing the build.

two.jpg

a) exhaust, the stock one is too close to the shell. So how do you get it adapted to the exhaust that sits between the middle and rear axle? Cut of the tube and use flexible pipe?

b) I have read about the fuel tank getting too hot over time, but there is a line going to the top, that may be essential. BTW, after 20 mins of running it did not get warmer than body temperature.
    No idea if it vents the crankcase or builds pressure to feed the engine. Anyhow the metal tank in the front does only have the feed line now. Do I have to, does it make sense...to connect feed and "return" line upfront and somehow adapt the "return" line to the metal tank by drilling a hole in it and looking for a rubber grommet?

c) I followed the advice with the bicycle cable for the throttle, works like a charm. For the choke, since it is not spring loaded (yet) any good alternative versus spring loading it and a 2nd bike lever? Is there a dial type that I could run up to the "dashboard"?

d) The engine has the electric starter. So I extended all 5 cables to the dashboard, Starts fine, but does not shut off, only way to stop it is either putting the choke on or the fuel cock on "off". Is it supposed like that or can I set it up differently.

Anyway, yesterday I got it moving under its own power. What a fun way to move about criss-crossing the property!

Cheers
    brxl

a) You will need to fabricate something to connect to the existing exhaust. You can build something from scratch or you can try adapting another exhaust to make it work. Maybe look at the other Attex transplants here on the forum and see what they did.

b) Most of the time, the single line from the tank is all you need. The tank fuel cap should be vented to allow for air flow.

c) You can buy different length choke cables pretty cheaply. Just search Google and you should see several.

d) You should be able to ground the engine to kill it with the ignition. Did the engine come with a wiring diagram?

+ Reply to Thread