Attex 26 tooth vs 20 tooth???

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex 26 tooth vs 20 tooth???

Attex 26 tooth vs 20 tooth???

Ok fellow 6x6ers. What sprockets are better for power and torque?? The 26 or the 20s. The machine I'm workin on has 26 tooth with a 22hp predator and just curious to see if y'all know which is better. Also using new lower tub from mudd ox and it appears the 26s make chains go pretty far below the frame.
    Thanks for any input on this
    Dave

26's are power, 22's 20's are speed.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Most superchiefs came with the 26 tooth sprockets due to then having the big 2-stroke in them. The engine provides the speed and the sprocket gives them the torque. The Tomahaks seemed to come with the 22 tooth sprockets as the engine provides the torque, the smaller sprocket gives it the speed. When I upgraded my tomahawk, I believe I put 24's on it. The stock 22's made it fast, but I had a desire for a bit more low end grunt. Essentially, I felt the 24 were a good compromise for a well rounded 4-stroke Attex. It is still quick, but can pull a bit better than it used too.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    26's are power, 22's 20's are speed.
    Ok thanks ARGOJIM I was thinking that but wasn't for sure!

Thanks Drew. I'm goin with the 26s on this machine and I was wondering if there's any standard measurement to mounting frames in the new lower bodies?? I'm a lil nervous about cutting these holes out!!!

+ Reply to Thread