Attex 295 Wild Wolf no spark

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Attex 295 Wild Wolf no spark

Attex 295 Wild Wolf no spark

OK so Im new to the 6x6 thing so go easy on me. I recently purchased a 1974 Attex with 295 engine. After a short time i realized i had no spark. I am getting voltage to the external coil but only 3 volts instead of 6 like it is supposed to. My question is this enough voltage that i should be getting spark or do I simply need a new ignition coil. For clarification I am refering to the coil inside the flywheel as ignition and the external one has the plug wire on it.Thanks for any help. Im really excited to hear this thing run.

Have you had the flywheel off and checked the points yet? If you haven't check there first. Try cleaning the points with some fine sandpaper. Any time that I have had one I have had to replace them. The points are where I would start.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

I did remove flywheel. I just figured points either worked or didn't. No in-between. I will try it though. Pretty cheap fix if that's the problem. Thanks

While your in there I would change the points and condenser at one time. It your gonna need to mark stator plate to get the timing back to where it needs to be!! Helped mine out tremendously. Points and condensors available at MFG supply
    Good luck with your project

Well I have spark now but it still wont start. Even with starting fluid. Any ideas of where i should head next? Carb seems to be clean. Exhaust not plugged. It does not appear to suck air in the carb with my hand over the opening. How do I tell if it is crank seals or just need a top end rebuild? I plan to rebuild it at some point in the near future anyway but would still rather hear it run before I do if its a simple fix. I dont have a compression guage but it does blow air out of plug hole when I stick my finger in it. I was told that this 6x6 set for several years because one day it just wouldnt start. Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by 507rzr View Post
    Well I have spark now but it still wont start. Even with starting fluid. Any ideas of where i should head next? Carb seems to be clean. Exhaust not plugged. It does not appear to suck air in the carb with my hand over the opening. How do I tell if it is crank seals or just need a top end rebuild? I plan to rebuild it at some point in the near future anyway but would still rather hear it run before I do if its a simple fix. I dont have a compression guage but it does blow air out of plug hole when I stick my finger in it. I was told that this 6x6 set for several years because one day it just wouldnt start. Thanks for the help!
    Does it pull real easy on the pull rope or is it a thump thump as you pull the rope? New spark plug?

New plug and I'm using the electric start. I haven't out the pull rope back on yet

New plug and I'm using the electric start. I haven't out the pull rope back on yet
    set points at0.20 and put stator plate back exactly where it was?? either you have no compression or maybe timing! I'm stumped now myself!!

What if I don't know exactly where it was set ? It don't even try to run. Seems like it would back fire or something. I'm thinking compression.

What if I don't know exactly where it was set ? It don't even try to run. Seems like it would back fire or something. I'm thinking compression.
    With pull rope you should have quite a bit of resistance when pulling,try turning the clutch and see if you hear like a hissing sound maybe from carb side or just to check resistance that way. My 295s pull quite stiff.
    http://www.6x6world.com/images/jlo-t...-manual-09.jpg Try this link
    Last edited by dave phelps; 08-23-2017 at 09:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread