Attex 750

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex 750

Attex 750

Was this machine ever produced??
    Thanks

As far as I can tell; none were ever manufactured. Howard Gerber designed the RIM when he worked for Recreatives and they got rather upset when he wanted to produce the 750 under the Attex name. The story I heard most was that the picture in the brochure was a RIM body painted yellow with Attex decals on it. One of the Gerbers may be able to give a more accurate response.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    As far as I can tell; none were ever manufactured. Howard Gerber designed the RIM when he worked for Recreatives and they got rather upset when he wanted to produce the 750 under the Attex name. The story I heard most was that the picture in the brochure was a RIM body painted yellow with Attex decals on it. One of the Gerbers may be able to give a more accurate response.
    Thanks Don. Yes I have been told what happen with this machine. Thought if they did make it I want to see one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    If I remember right, Howard told me at some point that there wasn't even a "prototype" 750 produced, it was all just an illustration of the RIM with the colors changed. This was before the RIM became the Max IV. That being said, I cant say that I haven't been tempted to paint one of my RIM bodies yellow and Attex 750 badge it... The Attex 1000 was also in the brochure with the 750. The 1000 (Bigfoot) had a limited run but I don't think more than four were ever completed. I remember seeing pictures of Howard/Dad/Jim with the prototype pulling logs through the swamp in my backyard.

I'll ask Howard when I see him tonight. If I'm wrong, I'll come back and correct myself.

Quote Originally Posted by B Gerber View Post
    If I remember right, Howard told me at some point that there wasn't even a "prototype" 750 produced, it was all just an illustration of the RIM with the colors changed. This was before the RIM became the Max IV. That being said, I cant say that I haven't been tempted to paint one of my RIM bodies yellow and Attex 750 badge it... The Attex 1000 was also in the brochure with the 750. The 1000 (Bigfoot) had a limited run but I don't think more than four were ever completed. I remember seeing pictures of Howard/Dad/Jim with the prototype pulling logs through the swamp in my backyard.

I'll ask Howard when I see him tonight. If I'm wrong, I'll come back and correct myself.
    Thank you for the info!! Paint that dude up. That would look great attex yellow!!LOL

Matt had yellow plastic at one point. I almost asked him to make me a new yellow IV upper. It's a shame the opportunity seems to have passed.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Sounds like a unicorn needing to be found here.
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

+ Reply to Thread