First 6x6 500 Super Chief

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: First 6x6 500 Super Chief

Quote Originally Posted by NIGHTOW1 View Post
    If he is willing to put it in writing, i might do it.
    That's the only way I'd do it!! if it starts peeling then what???? sorry but your on your own and now you have a full blown mess!! LOL

If i deceide not to, how and what do you use to paint tjese, minw is pretty bad. I would love to fimd a better body, but im afraid it would cost way to much?

If i deceide not to, how and what do you use to paint tjese, minw is pretty bad. I would love to fimd a better body, but im afraid it would cost way to much?
    I have no clue, can you get the rest of that paint off??

Its not the paint thats the problem, the PPE is getting old, and looks , i dont know pitted.
    Attached Images

Its not the paint thats the problem, the PPE is getting old, and looks , i dont know pitted.
    I have one that looks a tad bit like that. I've never tried to do anything with it. It sat out in the sun for 15 years and still looks pretty good considering that! Thought it would've been junk but that's the top half of my trail machine now.

Anyone else have any ideas besides heating the body up?? Scrubbing maybe? Looks like high pressure washer lines in it now??

That's what I thought it looked like. I was going to try so!e heat see if that worked any idea what temp?

That's what I thought it looked like. I was going to try so!e heat see if that worked any idea what temp?
    I used a heat gun on a max and it had to be pretty darn hot. It looks like it gets shiny or oily and that's the time to move the heat to different spot. Start in a spot that's hidden you'll be able to tell

My gun will go to 500° rhink that will work?

My gun will go to 500° rhink that will work?
    Should I think. Not sure what mine got too. Cheap harbor freight model and I heated my body enuff to mold above the tires

Wjat do you mean mold? I have a few spots I need ro fill where ir lools like tire rub!

+ Reply to Thread