First 6x6 500 Super Chief

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: First 6x6 500 Super Chief

Quote Originally Posted by NIGHTOW1 View Post
    Naa, I'm lucky. I have a low maintenance wife she never buys herself anything, and always seems to have money for my projects.
    Yeah I have a good wife too, still doesn't like me messing up her view even though I keep it cut.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Well have to rebuild the clutch, so i figured while it was down might as well go all the way and start on restoring it.
    SPLIT it, wase'nt anywhere near as hard as I thought took about 30 mins. Cleaned her up. A little, found a nice size hole with some plaster type stuff in it. And a few more cracks. Going to pull the trans and frame tomarow. Then start sanding the hull repair all the cracks and holes then sand again then on to heat.
    Few pix.

Also thinking about converting to CDI, any information and help would be.great.
    Attached Images

Few more pix of damage.
    Attached Images

Well just ordered a few parts.

xenoah chaparral 484 cc g50b full gasket set with seals free ship fuji | eBay

6 Vintage NOS Arctic Cat Salsbury Clutch spline liners, Puma, Panther, 0100-109

SALSBURY 900 Series Snowmobile Clutch Puller, CP1078 | eBay

Going to order the CDI setup next month, $500 is a little bit much this month lol.
    Hope to find the clutch rollers & springs in the next few days.
    A lot to do. Money keeps going pooffffff

I just noticed a few post where people converted to CDI for under $200.
    I found a guy who sells sets for like $500 WOW.
    But if that's what it takes than so be it. But if someone can help me keep cost down my wife would love that....
    Attached Images

there is a used g-29bss on ebay expiring soon bit is 80& but it has everything you need if it all still works.

the flywheel dose not have a ring gear on it, so unless you can press yours off and on the cdi one

Can they be presses on and off?

i have been told they do. may take some cold and heat but as long as the flywheel is the same size.

i just put a new old stock stator plate w/new points, condensers and new coils, in two of my super chiefs
    it was a little cheaper than the cdi set up but not much. (also found on eBay)
    They both would run on one cylinder after they get hot. i think the condensers go bad over time but once you
    have it out on the bench its hard not to change it all out. (all better, two years strong so far)

+ Reply to Thread