attex tranny question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: attex tranny question

This is a Baker/Hill, I assume? If that's the case, the three pins are drilled, but not tapped. Use a grease gun with a rubber tip (can usually by them at a good parts store) and lube them sparingly. Any excess grease will get on the discs and cause all kinds of trouble.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by awisewon View Post
    Had not been on here in a long time I have a 1976 Super Cheif 500 with stock engine and stock T 29 Trans wanted to check the trans oils level and the side bolt broke off my trans runs right for now but given the age of the ATV and no Idea how much it was used I am thinking to get a Rebuilt one from Richards Relics isjust wondered how much he charges for them then at some point have him rebuild my original trans. The Engine I have in my Attex right now is a Original 500 cc 2 stroke same type as its orignal engine but out of a Snow Mobile which I had to install backwards which it was set up reverse from what the Attex is in the Snowmoble and it had been rebuilt and still has less than 100 hrs on it. I have my original engine as well all I need now it stock pistons and rings and gasket kit. The Attex has been Garage Kept and a slow project due to low budget Family comes 1st if you know what I mean. But I have all the parts except org pistions I have new over sized ones but rather wait to used them later and use ori ones for now instead and complete gasket kit and new rebuilttranny as said above then I have two Chapperal 500cc engines and trannys by the tie I am completed getting everything I need, I took had the Engine rubber gasket issue for the mother mounts I got thick ruber and circl saw and cut new ones to much vibration I think would be on the enfine to just mount to the frame with no rubber gaskets between engine and frame the egine would feel and jolt at ever bad bump on trails so I think its smarter to make the engine mount rubber gaskets. One thing I learned as a Teen Most Cars, Bikes Atvs are built the way they are for many reasons safety and to reduce wear and tear on them So I try to keep most things Stock as I can. Also I was just wondering How much this AtTex just might be worth in todays market I know over the years I have onlt seen 3 of these come up for sale.
    Prices vary greatly- really depends on the shape of the machine. Richard does a good job on his rebuilds, but I remember from years ago that they were on the pricey side- no idea what they go for now. You can usually drill and extract the broken bolts in the casing, or drill the whole thing out and heli-coil it if needed. The rubber motor mounts are pretty plentiful- I may have enough for a set. Stock pistons are usually available on ebay, as well as Wiseco 1-ring pistons in standard bore.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by chasgas View Post
    hello, just bought an attex st300d. pretty nice shape. tranny is atv7000 and "seems good", po said it worked great.

prev owner put (rigged) a 250cc polaris trailboss (i believe) air-cooled (non-fan) motor in it. as you stand on the drivers side of the attex, the polaris motor rotates counter-clockwise. according to the pics of the jlo, the tranny should rotate clockwise to go forward???

my question based on my belief the above is correct: is it okay to run the tranny in reverse to go forward, again, viewing from the drivers side in a clockwise rotation? i'm guessing it's not a good idea and i need a fan cooled motor with the drive pulley on the right side.

thank you,

chas

nice site here with very informed posters.....................................
    Can you post a picture of what you have?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

thanks don, although they appear to all be threaded and the manual page (scroll down to third manual, transmission assembly, second page section E. lubrication): install appropriate grease fitting, pump the equivalent of a cigarette filter worth of grease and remove grease fitting as the chain will interfere. paraphrasing.

i simply stuck a grease fitting into the end of my grease gun, held it tight to the holes and gave each a small pump. a bit messier than your rubber tip i'm sure!!!!

argojim not sure of what you want to view. it's a st300d with a baker-hill 7000 and it's powered by a 250 2 stroke single from an 85 polaris trailboss atv. i've driven it around some but i have more tweaking to do with the alignment/offset of the driver and driven clutches.

nice holidays everyone.............................

Oops; my bad! Maybe I should pay more attention to the manual. Sad part is: that's my manual on this site that I scanned and sent to Mike years ago. I never used another method other than the rubber-tipped gun and it worked fine (old Attex guy showed me how to do it) so evidently I never read that part of the book. Glad you got them greased. Good luck with the machine.

+ Reply to Thread