through body mufflers

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: through body mufflers

through body mufflers

all you guys that have reinstalled the attex muffler what did you use for the gasket material between flanges???
    Thank you

always used the factory fabric washer but i know they tend to deteriorate into nothing.
    i thought about using mortar that come in a calking tube but was just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by james gerber View Post
    always used the factory fabric washer but i know they tend to deteriorate into nothing.
    i thought about using mortar that come in a calking tube but was just a thought.
    I had no idea what that actually was! I thought it was some kind of asbestos stuff. LOL

I thought they were asbestos. I think I have some extras somewhere. I eliminated the factory through hull. I'll let you know.

I think they are asbestos as well, Perhaps use carbon sheeting like Max used and like 4 stroke exhaust gaskets.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks fellas! Carbon sheeting huh? I’m gonna have to google that as I’m not sure what that isn’t! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Toys4Me View Post
    I thought they were asbestos. I think I have some extras somewhere. I eliminated the factory through hull. I'll let you know.
    I’m eliminating 1 machine and replacing a bad muffler on a green tomahawk! Let me know!
    Thank you

I do have a pair of gaskets.

Quote Originally Posted by Toys4Me View Post
    I do have a pair of gaskets.
    Pm me the details Mike please.

Thank you

+ Reply to Thread