22hp predator uses which clutch for the baker hill transmission?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 22hp predator uses which clutch for the baker hill transmission?

22hp predator uses which clutch for the baker hill transmission?

I have an amphicat with an attex frame and baker hill 6000 (forward only type). the 16hp from the amphicat is dead so I'm trying to repower it with a 22hp predator motor but i dont know what comet clutch to get. i see this one on here quite often but will it work with my baker hill secondary?
    https://www.mfgsupply.com/atv/atvclu...02405a-w2.html

22hp on frame.jpg6x6 inside.jpgsanding.jpg
    Last edited by gearbound; 01-02-2018 at 12:22 AM.

You may wish to set the frame back in while doing the fitment as it looks like you will never get it back in the hole where it is, probably have to run the engine up higher quite a bit.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Your secondary should work, but probably not as well as you would like. Your attex would have come with a 2 stroke which makes the ramp angles different on the secondary. You may also have a different width belt. Many older machines used belts that were not as wide. If you put a 1 3/16 or 1 1/4 " wide belt in your secondary, will it stick above the sheaves slightly (like 1/8")? If it does, try it out. Worst case scenario, you can change the spring to a red one and/or the whole secondary to https://www.mfgsupply.com/300782a.html
    You will have to ask an Attex guru about the size of the output shaft on the Baker/Hill to make sure that one is correct.
    This is gonna wind up being quite a bit of $ for an older machine with no reverse. Are you sure you don't want to graft in a t-20, or just go with a more modern machine with a more durable body and axles? The cool factor of the older machine is great, but I started out that way and sood realized if I went with a maxII I could abuse it and EVERYTHING was replaceable when and if (okay, scratch the "if") I broke it.

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    Are you sure you don't want to graft in a t-20, or just go with a more modern machine with a more durable body and axles? The cool factor of the older machine is great, but I started out that way and sood realized if I went with a maxII I could abuse it and EVERYTHING was replaceable when and if (okay, scratch the "if") I broke it.
    A valid point. You won't realize how much you need reverse until you don't have it. That giant engine sure looks intense on that little frame, but more power just means more breaking. In our minds "oh man 22 HP is going to be so powerful!"
    In reality: Spending months adjusting clutches, sprockets, and chains to get everything working right. Suddenly 22 or 6 HP wouldn't make a difference.

this baker 6000 is a 1'' shaft.

I thank you for your insight. im feeling the regret on starting this project now

ill see it to the end but i will be dropping in for questions regarding belt widths and possibly axle upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by gearbound View Post
    this baker 6000 is a 1'' shaft.

I thank you for your insight. im feeling the regret on starting this project now

ill see it to the end but i will be dropping in for questions regarding belt widths and possibly axle upgrades.
    It is your Dad's old machine, you NEED to resurrect it. Just do it right and take your time. It isn't about getting the best machine for the fewest dollars, it is the sentiment.

The best thing about a 6x6, is even a terrible 6x6 is still cooler than a wicked quad! :-p
    You have it all apart so it should be easier to get right the first time than trying to coax a tired machine with hidden broken parts back to life.

Ordered all new bearings for the stock axles, added 3/16 flat bar to frame since it was thinning from the rust.

Goal is to get it moving with stock parts and see what doesn't survive and look for answers til that day comes.

All things aside, it has drawn a lot of attention in conversations and friends that drop by. It's such a simple machine!

302405A ordered.

bearings arrived.

looking into buying black abs pellets off ebay for fixing the lower half holes and cracks
    how many lbs is used for normal 4 inch long cracks?

inner bearings didn't fit. they where .05 to big on OD i bought cuc205-14. the originals where 2'' OD and 7/8ID

+ Reply to Thread