Engine swap

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Engine swap

Engine swap

Anyone have pros or cons about sticking a fan cooled 339cc Rotax snowmobile engine in a https://www.facebook.com/charlie.mus...15232260949214
    Last edited by Bentvalve; 02-07-2018 at 07:11 PM.

You'll probably be ok Unless your machine has a 5000 transmission.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I think it’s a 7000 but not sure. Any way to tell. All of the info on it is gone.
    Don

I think the most common engine out of the factory was a 295 or 297 single cyl JLO rated about 18hp. The primary clutch may or may not work. There were at least 2 different shaft sizes in the 2 strokes and various belt widths. If you are looking at inexpensive repower using what you have that is understandable. In my opinion, a 4 stroke will make for a much better trail machine, but probably at a much higher cost. As ArgoJim stated, the Baker-Hill 5000 was a weaker trans, but with a B-H 7000 or t-20 any motor within reason will work.

Aside from transmission limitations, the biggest question is: How do you plan on using the machine?

Quote Originally Posted by Bentvalve View Post
    I think it’s a 7000 but not sure. Any way to tell. All of the info on it is gone.
    Don
    Post a picture and input shaft diameter.

I’m just planning on using it as transportation to our ponds. Might play around with climbing but, I don’t beat on my stuff. Kind stuck it comes with a twin 339 and a twin 440 engine. I buying it in boxes. Lol
    Not real sure how to post pics...

I posted s link to the pic I have in first post. Please let me know what u think!

looks like a 7000. From what i understand the 5000 doesn't have reverse and that looks just like my 7000. looks like you have some spring issues though

What's going on with that convertor? Look at the trans tag it should be stamped.
    Also outer bearing diameter is either 5/8 or 7/8.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread