A few pics of my attex

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A few pics of my attex

A few pics of my attex

I’m not sure of year or model any ideas?
    Last edited by Bentvalve; 02-09-2018 at 05:01 PM.

Last edited by Bentvalve; 02-09-2018 at 03:48 PM. Reason: [url=http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/attex-6-wheelers/p27671-my-1st-attex-build.html][img]http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/dat

Going by the frame design, I'd say ST300D, ST340R, or ST400R.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Don, though we all know you're the Guru I'm gonna jump in here. Unless the trans has been changed as far as I know the 340R and the early (pre t20) 400R came with 6000's.
    But the main reason I'm in is, what is the frame difference between the 297 and the 300?
    I was under the impression the only change was the axles, bearing hubs and sprockets and of course the 5000 to 7000. Is there extra supports in the frame?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Yay! I got it home!
    So as far as trans tag goes all I can read is
    Power transmissions
    And a stamped # 1228
    Maybe 7600 series?

Probably a 7000 series: that's the better of the two reversing B/H transmissions.

Jim, I'm going from memory so accuracy may be off a little! The 297 models I've had were stingy on frame bracing, more similar to a 208TT frame than an ST300D, and the ST400R models I've had were about half-and-half 6000 and 7000 transmissions, so I didn't take the trans model into consideration. I don't remember ever owning a 340R, but I assumed they were the same deal.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Thanks Don, a
    A little knowledge never hurts, until you know too much.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread