Chain Brand

  1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

    If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Chain Brand

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dillsburg, PA
    Posts
    104

    Chain Brand

    Hi Everyone. I was wondering what brand chain you recommend for 6 wheelers. I have always tried to go with ones made in the USA or Japan as they seem to be of good quality, but looking for recommendations. I have a Attext ST 295. Also, wondering how much chain I will need. Does anyone know? It is #50 chain I think. Thank you!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    shenendoah valley,va.
    Posts
    2,431
    actually no chain is manufactured in u.s.a. only assembled . it's mostly all made in japan according to u.s. co.s specs. u.s.a. chain co. sells good quality and so does chains 4 less . each has good to best quality and prices. just don't buy the real cheap stuff . johnboy va.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dillsburg, PA
    Posts
    104
    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    actually no chain is manufactured in u.s.a. only assembled . it's mostly all made in japan according to u.s. co.s specs. u.s.a. chain co. sells good quality and so does chains 4 less . each has good to best quality and prices. just don't buy the real cheap stuff . johnboy va.
    Based on your response to this thread I'm assuming you've bought chains from one or both of the companies you suggested. If so, would you mind telling me which chains you purchased? Which series/grade/size ? I've purchased a chain last summer from Richard's Relics but I'd like to buy from somewhere else because it seemed awfully expensive for one fairly short chain. Thanks Cup

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dillsburg, PA
    Posts
    104
    This is the chain I ended up buying:

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TSUBAKI...53.m2749.l2649

    Seems very well made (in Japan) and quite reasonable...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by budzinsk View Post
    This is the chain I ended up buying:

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TSUBAKI...53.m2749.l2649

    Seems very well made (in Japan) and quite reasonable...
    I'll certainly check that out thanks!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    shenendoah valley,va.
    Posts
    2,431
    yes cup...tsubaki is one of the best brands and very reasonable prices . good luck , johnboy va.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    yes cup...tsubaki is one of the best brands and very reasonable prices . good luck , johnboy va.
    The one pictured in the link that Budzinsk posted was a cotter pin style and didn't appear to have O-rings. Is that what you use?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dillsburg, PA
    Posts
    104
    Not sure why it shows a cotter key, but the master link is just a clip. It is not an O-Ring chain, as I believe O-Ring chains are too wide for many machines. I am sure there are a lot of people here that can confirm, but I think most use non-O-ring chains because of the width.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by budzinsk View Post
    Not sure why it shows a cotter key, but the master link is just a clip. It is not an O-Ring chain, as I believe O-Ring chains are too wide for many machines. I am sure there are a lot of people here that can confirm, but I think most use non-O-ring chains because of the width.
    The info from 6x6parts pertaining to chains for Max machines states that when replacing chains you should stick with the same type of chain that you removed because different types require different size gears. Like you said the width comes into play. I don't know enough about chains to have a preference except that I'd like to find the strongest chain I can that will fit my application. I'll see if that company offers an O-ring version and if so I'll give em try. Thanks Cup

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts