New member, New Attex.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New member, New Attex.

Here is a picture of an all original Tomahawk that Don owned.
    You can see how the exhaust was routed. Like Don mentioned, you have the high exit exhaust so someone probably was using tracks at one time. As far as the sticker on the dash goes, you'll come to find that Attex sometimes used whatever parts were laying around the factory at the time of assembly. There are folks on here that have found machines with frames that had older serial numbers stamped on them, but they were in newer model bodies just to give you an example. I'd be willing to guess that whoever was putting machines together that day at the factory stuck a two stroke sticker on the dash without paying attention to what model the machine was.....there are many possibilities. Compare the pictures to yours and see if things are the same.....check the driven clutch on the T-20 also. This site is so great because of all the resources and people that are on here, you can find out tons of useful information about your machine. Anyways, that is a great machine you have there, regardless. As far as the engine goes, check for spark, compression, and see if it getting fuel. Keep us updated.
    Last edited by jpswift1; 11-28-2008 at 03:38 AM.

GREAT find, Bkeith. Are you going to just restore it stock or are you going to make it into a racer?

Whipper

And BTW, Sixbysix4me, I've been waiting for months to say this, "Welcome Back".

Welcome bkeith,
    Great find and what a deal. As far as the sticker things goes, My Attex 225/Hustler had a tag on the dash that said it was a st300. Not sure if it was to put serial numbers on it from someone who had a spare st300 tag or if it was factory. It had the stickers on the side saying hustler.
    LarryW
    Last edited by LarryW; 05-13-2009 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    GREAT find, Bkeith. Are you going to just restore it stock or are you going to make it into a racer?

Whipper

For now I think just going to restore it to stock, get it running really good and then after I learn more about them, I may possibly want to make it into a racer. Looks like there are tons of different things that you can do with them (tracks, dualed tires, and tons of other things)

I cant get over how great this site is and how helpful all of you guys are. Now that I know exactly what I have, it just makes me want to get it started even more. My brother actually went in on it with me, so it is going to be a great project for us. We have talked about severaly different things that we want to do with it..... but I suppose the first step would to be get it started. Once we do get it running im sure that we will want to try to find another amphibious machine to buy (these things are so cool) We hooked a battery up to it, turned the key and got nothing. Today im going to get the test light out and see if the wires up to the ignition are getting juice. Im also going to take the ignition to napa and have them test it.

Well Ill let you guys know how it turns out today and Im going to take a few more pictures of it as well. Thanks for all the help guys, and you can count on at least a million more questions from me

Thumbs down Its Alive.... Kinda

I work on the Attex this afternoon, put a couple tires on it. I bought 5 tires off of ebay, a couple of them say 63 inch and the rest of the tires I have are all 65 inch.... If I used the 63 inch ones would it still work out ok?? I have 8 right tires and only two left tires, so Ill have to pick up a few more left ones adventually.

Made some good progress today. Tested the ignition, it was fine. I unwrapped all of the black electrical tape from the wire to discovery that a splice had come undone, fixed that and now when I turn the key it will turn over. None of the lights work yet, but that should be easy enough. I didnt get a chance to get some more pics taked cause my camera batterys were dead. The wiring from the ignition, has 5 wires going to a plug, on the other side of the connecter plug, there are 6 wires leading back to the motor and starter. As i unraveled the tape one of the wires (at the end with 6 wire) wasnt connected to anything, it was a black wire, it just comes from that plug toward the motor but ends only about a foot from the plug.

I really need to take some pics of it, i dont know if how Im explaining it makes any sence. I wil get pictures for sure tomorrow. But defintly making a little progress with it and have enjoyed every minute of it.

If anyone has any suggestion about what else I should be doing with this machine, feel free to let me know. I am new to all of this, but it does seem like a really easy machine to work on.

Could have been a superchief that was converted, it doesn't look like it has the factory tomahawk mount. Great deal , restore it from the frame up and it will run forever with the 4 stroke in it .

hmmm... I think you're right, Gus. The frame appears to be out of a Colt. The rear chain adjusters are on U-bolts to the round frame member, and the front adjusters are idlers on top of the chain like a Colt, too. The T'hawk would have had all the added air intake ducting on the OH160 as well. With a little work it will be a great machine regardless of it's roots (Colt-a-hawk?).
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

More Pics

Heres a few more pics that show; where the exhaust use to exit, two holes in the back of the machine that I will have to plug, and then my wiring harness. One side of the plug has 5 wire and the other has 6 wires with a wire that isnt connected to anything.
    100_1747.jpg

100_1748.jpg

100_1778.jpg

100_1779.jpg

100_1780.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post

Whipper

Thanks Whipper, good to see you guys again.

BKeith, Good to see some updates on this machine. You're going to be very happy with it when you're all done. Keep the progress moving along.

Hey BKeith,
    Any updates on your machine?

+ Reply to Thread