Attex Restoration

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Attex Restoration

bruiser upgrade

Painted the sprockets and axle hubs black gloss rustoleum needs 1 more coat

Also did some ABS repairs to my sons attex and a extra attex bottom. Which is the next project

bruiser upgrade

started split shifter need some more metal to finish

old flange hole filled with abs and sanded

checked engine and chain clearance just welding the old engine plate to the factory mount. I can still use my old clutch belt.

other 6x6 work

my sons attex abs work almost done

patched the front hole 3 days ago. Alot more holes to go

bruiser upgrade

engine mount

tow hitch 1 on right a little thicker and heavier metal

buffalo bearing

Ordered bearings on the 8th December. They said would ship on 12th. Called today to find where they were at. The inner bearing were back ordered but they had the flanges. Greg from buffalo bearing wanted to replace the inner bearing with a greasable bearing. But was still not sure when I would get my bearings. Cannot grease inner bearing' Wanted sealed bearings
    I had previously ordered from buffalo bearing and had great service but not this time

Frankly I was highly disappointed in there service and the lack of picking up the phone and contacting me
    I cancelled my order and will be placing a bigger order at the Big bearing store
    Two Bolt Flange Bearings Roller Chain V-Belts

brruiser upgrade

Split shifter for bruiser circle fun

Adjuster I made 5 years ago when I worked a plastic place

Bearings for bruiser and new bearings for my sons build

Bearing flanges and new 17 teeth slack adjuster sprocket ready for tape and paint

gonna be real nice

swiss cheese frame

Thanks Andyman. Now I need to figure what to do with the frame
    If you look at the pic the new frame holes are real close together with the old. Need to beef this up or it going to bite me in the butt later on.
    I do not trust myself to do it with the arc welder

I am figuring putting a plate behind the axle flange holes and having it mig welded

then just have it plug welded. BEEFY

Quote Originally Posted by jeffery9076 View Post
    If you look at the pic the new frame holes are real close together with the old. Need to beef this up or it going to bite me in the butt later on.

You'd be surprised, but this really isn't that big of a deal. I'm running the axle upgrade on two different racers that see a lot of abuse, and it hasn't been a problem. I don't know if Whipper even filled the holes back in on the Scorpion. Put a good flat washer on the back side if you're worried about it and tighten them down snug with a nylock or oval-lock nut. There's little force acting on it that would cause a problem with the adjacent bolt holes.

There are more examples in Racerone3's Wild Wolf build and on his Attex 8x8. He did the same upgrade, and I don't think he filled the old holes in. Just a thought from real-world experience and abuse.

+ Reply to Thread