Attex Restoration

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Attex Restoration

I'm running with the same setup too. The old holes are right next to the newer holes put in to accommodate the bigger flanges. I've done two conversions (one springer and one solid axle) and have had no issues with frame integrity.
    Banned

Thanks hydromike , George. I am glad you guys jumped in with your advice since you guys have upgraded your axles and machines. I have been putting this off because i was not positive if I should weld it shut or not. This would certainly speed up things on my project. thanks guys for the input

Update t-20 torn apart. Aftermarket t-20 clutch was a royal ( PITA ) to take off. I had to rest the clutch on my knees and let the t-20 hang and caught it on my toes sitting on 2 attex tires was the exact height I needed. The c clip near the plate proved to be impossible. 30 straight screw drivers and I finally found 2 the same length and 1st time if flew. Looked and it set 1" away (yea) baby PITA. Wanted double orings on the bottom side the right side always leaked if the stick pulled so the bottom plunger was pulled out if pushed in it never leaked. Not knowing tranny level sucks. So I ordered 4 doubles my t-20 getting the bottoms replaced and my sons t-20.
    Everything else looks really good bands still look brand new. BEEN TO BUSY MOVING SNOW

Quote Originally Posted by jeffery9076 View Post
    The c clip near the plate proved to be impossible. 30 straight screw drivers and I finally found 2 the same length and 1st time if flew. Looked and it set 1" away (yea) baby PITA.

Dude... they come off with some force.

HOLY CRAP HYDROMIKE, . I hope you get a better storage compartment. OUCH that had to hurt. The t-20 was put back together with new double orings plungers in the bottom. Going to touch up the paint on t-20 put 28 OZ of tranny fluid in if no leaks put some limited slip in. Touch up paint on clutch. And bam T-20 done. I also made a lower transmission hold down bracket so it stays in the saddle. 4 chain pulls so much different than a 6 chain on the t-20

WHAT DO YOU THINK?????? about off brand go pro

12MP Full HD 1080p Sports Action Waterproof Car Camera SJ4000 WiFi as GoPro | eBay

Was thinking of getting this for bruiser so I can record while I am riding.
    Was not looking at spending much more.
    Personally I know diddly squat about these.
    Good buy or stay away?????????? Like I said that is about my budget

t-20 almost ready to rock

questions on sprocket setup difference

My 6 chain setup had 22 teeth from middle sprocket to t-20 then off middle sprocket it had 20 teeth going to 20 tooth sprocket front and back so every axle turned the same speed. The 4 chain setup has a 22 teeth sprocket on the middle axle going to the back, and has a middle 20 tooth sprocket going to the front. which makes axles turn at different speeds. Was this factory and why. I hope everyone can follow

If the rear is 22 & the center is 22 rearward/20 forward with 20 on the front axle, the axles should all turn the same speed as the center to front and center to rear are 1 to 1. If the center is 22/22 then you'll need the front 22.

I think I made sense? Follow me?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Yup!

Even though the two sprockets on the middle axle are different sizes, they complete a revolution together. In order for the front sprocket to stay at the same rate as the middle sprocket that feeds it, it must be the same size. All the 4 chain machines that I've ever seen have two different size sprockets on the center axle...there's also a right and left sprocket on the center axle...they're not interchangeable.
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread