Conversation Between mightymaxIV and thejunkman

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

Conversation Between mightymaxIV and thejunkman

4 Visitor Messages

1. Hey Junkman, I like the way HDI puts more power on the ground and doesn't eat power to turn, however, I never liked the counter rotation in low range and prefer the straight low gearing of the 3.3 old style transmission. I Also like the what i consider better control on the trail with the old style transmission, the HDI seemed to wonder and was harder to control at trail speeds.
  2. Ok so what machine did you like best the 750 hdi or the 650 8x8
  3. Hey junkman-I had an 2011 Argo HDI which I traded for a Frontier EFI 8x8 with the Kohler 750 EFI, low geared tranny, and Adair tracks-my only complaint is the machine tops out at 15 mph, does have enough power for me and takes a lot of power to steer or change directions- I would like about 20 more horse power and a 23 or 24 mph top speed.
  4. Good morning Dan my name is Tom ..aka..the junkman from Maine im looking to upgrade my old bigfoot to a 8 wheeler I see you had a hdi 8 wheeler in the past now you have a 650 8x8 my question is why did you swap out to a smaller motor and a non posi transmission . Any input would great making my decision easier ...take care.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 4 of 4