New members, introduce yourself here

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 642 of 722 FirstFirst ... 142 542 592 632 640 641 642 643 644 652 692 ... LastLast
Results 6,411 to 6,420 of 7214

Thread: New members, introduce yourself here

It looks like we are getting a little behind in welcoming new members. Am I the only one who misses Mike's perpetually upbeat input?
    ACameron: Welcome. The home page lists manuals and brochures that members have submitted. Hopefully your info is there.

Jonbob: Welcome. Try to stay warm

Garymicik: Welcome. Good luck with that TT

oztrax: Welcome. I think you are on the right track with the other thread.

DonR: Welcome. Many people consider that 25hp Kohler to be the best choice in that machine. Hope you have fun with that plow.

Bentvalve: Welcome. Ashtabula is in your backyard. It is a definite "must attend" if you can, you will not be disappointed. http://www.6x6world.com/forums/6x6-a...e-weekend.html

Maxii: Define much modifying. Lots of guys run bandolero motors. See: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/engin...ro-engine.html

I'm running a big block Kohler Kohler 40 horse - Amphibious ATV Pictures

I would like to keep everything close to stock parts just bigger motor

The Bandolero is a 23hp Briggs modified for higher RPM and HP. The power estimates vary but but high 30's is easy with good longevity. I've heard of 50+ but not sure about those lasting. You will have to fab up a new exhaust and live with the extra noise, but it is pretty close to a bolt in mod.

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    Am I the only one who misses Mike's perpetually upbeat input?
    [/url]
    Hey there thebuggyman1: Here is my 2 cents. I have to agree, with one caveat-- I just looked back a page or two, and Mike has done several new member welcomes. I think Mike has done a great job with that since the change of ownership. But Mike also has a day time job and other interests. That said, unless the moderators object, I think that when, and if, one of us other regular forum members check in here to see what is going on in the world of new members, we could do a world of wonders if we as well also took the reins, so to speak, and welcomed a few new members ourselves. I do not drop by the new members forum often, but one of the last times that I did, I did welcome a couple members, and like you did, tried to point them in a direction. We could all give Mike a hand and let new members know that they are welcome here.

Hello
    Names Gordon aka Gordy, home is Highlands of Scotland, 12 miles from Loch Ness home of the famous monster ��
    I’m fairly new to ownership of ATV in The form of two 8x8 Argocat one is 1991 fitted with the Kohler M18 and the other 1986 fitted with the Kohler KT17
    I look forward to having a browse round in here

Hello all, just picked up my first AATV, will post pics in the appropriate thread tomorrow, as I literally just got home! I lurked here during my research about the potential buy before I went to look at it and I am glad I did! Seems as if there are some very knowledgeable folks here with a wealth of experience, so I shall be picking your brains shortly!

V/r,

Chayse

Welcome Gordy,
    Congratulations on picking up your Magnum and I/C 8x8's there are a few members from Scotland that may be able to assist you or give you guidance as to where to head out with your machines.
    Good luck

Welcome Chayse,
    Congratulations on picking up your first machine, as you wrote, there are many knowledgeable users on here that will chime in with help.
    Good luck

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I live in Oklahoma, on Grand Lake worked in the middle east for 14 years, Live on Grand Lake am looking at a 6x6 for fishing. Can any one tell me about a 2000 Max ll ATV they want #3500 for it. sold my boat and now am interested in a 6x6 for fishing.

2000 Max ll ATV

My name is Rodney, Live on Grand Lake, Just sold my Boat and still like to fish. Ive just retired after working in the middle East for 14 years. Saw a person on the lake in a 6x6 Amphibious fishing so am looking now for a used one. Am looking at a 2000 Max ll ATV, Have not went and drove it yet. If any body could tell me what to look for? they are wanting & 3,800 is this a good price or should I look for a deferent one and were, I live in Oklahoma.

Rod2, welcome to the forum.
    While I am not sure on the value of the MAX II, I do have some insight into using the AATV for fishing.
    Remember, when used on water, the max vehicle load capacity is reduced, per the manual, which you can read here. [ http://www.6x6world.com/images/recre...ors-Manual.pdf ] Any optional/added equipment also reduces the max load capacity. Adding a cooler, anchor, and other fishing or safety gear all fall into that category. Also, the AATV is designed for calm water with little or no flow velocity. Use on a small pond or calm bay, may be appropriate., but use on any body of water subject to weather conditions which could include waves would not be recommended. Your Grand Lake appears to fall into that latter type. Remember, the max speed in water is only a few MPH and wind drift could easily exceed the speed of your vehicle.
    As with all motorized vehicles in water, you would have to abide by any state regulations as well.

+ Reply to Thread