Smal set screws found on bottom floor

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Smal set screws found on bottom floor

Smal set screws found on bottom floor

I have A new 2018 Argo Frontier 600 SE (we have had it for a little over a month) with 21hr on it. I have serviced it two times so far ( Lub chains, grease bearings ,etc). Yesterday I removed the fire wall and floor pan to Lub the chains and their were 2 small allen set screws on the lower floor ( they are about 1/4" diameter , !/4" long and have A ball bering in the noes end) . Does anyone have an idea of where they come out of. Thank Youall for any ideas-----Gunner 11
    Last edited by Gunner11; 04-11-2020 at 09:04 AM.

14" diameter allen screw?! That's huge! I am guessing you are saying 1/4".. If they didn't have a bearing on them, I'd guess at a set screw from a sprocket. Depending on where you found them, maybe check those sprockets aren't missing one? Except on floating sprockets, if applicable.

Set screws

Yes I meant 1/4"-----------I will look at the sprockets ----Thank You glen1971

Set screws HD outer bearings are larger.

My guess probably the set screws for the sprockets. As noted front sprockets r floating hence no screws. Bearing set screws are a tad smaller. When installing sprocket set screws make sure they fit in dimple in the axle. There are no dimples in the axle for the bearing set screws?. I drive a 2004 avenger and keeping set screws tight is a constant, particularly the bearing set screws.
    Thought about “lock tite “ but haven’t tried so far...
    Last edited by Murray40; 04-11-2020 at 11:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread