Scrambler Conversion

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scrambler Conversion

Scrambler Conversion

I have to figure out how to change a scrambler steering over to something my 8 year old can use. HE CANT REACH THE PEDALS. I was thinking of making a homemade steering wheel or something like a odyssey steering wheel and putting the gas and using a atv hydraulic brake wich i have, and mounting it on the steering wheel. I have seats slides so you can move the seat back and 4th. BUT FROM MY OTHER RECENT POST IN THE ATTEX SECTION ABOUT GAS PEDALS AND CONSIDERING I RIDE IN ROOTY BUMPY AREAS. I THINK THE LITTLE GUY WOULD HAVE PROBLEMS KEEPING HIS FOOT ON THE GAS. HAS ANYONE DID THIS YET. AM I JUST DREAMING OR WHAT. I START RESTORATION OF THE SCRAMBLER TODAY AND WILL BE POSTING ALOT OF QUESTIONS AND PICS. HE WANTS A ORANGE AND BLUE SCRAMBLER. AND HE HAS BEEN WAITING OVER A YEAR. HIS CHRISTMAS GIFTS WILL KEEP HIM QUIET FOR A WHILE.

Smile scramblers

Quote Originally Posted by jeffery9076 View Post
    I have to figure out how to change a scrambler steering over to something my 8 year old can use. HE CANT REACH THE PEDALS. I was thinking of making a homemade steering wheel or something like a odyssey steering wheel and putting the gas and using a atv hydraulic brake wich i have, and mounting it on the steering wheel. I have seats slides so you can move the seat back and 4th. BUT FROM MY OTHER RECENT POST IN THE ATTEX SECTION ABOUT GAS PEDALS AND CONSIDERING I RIDE IN ROOTY BUMPY AREAS. I THINK THE LITTLE GUY WOULD HAVE PROBLEMS KEEPING HIS FOOT ON THE GAS. HAS ANYONE DID THIS YET. AM I JUST DREAMING OR WHAT. I START RESTORATION OF THE SCRAMBLER TODAY AND WILL BE POSTING ALOT OF QUESTIONS AND PICS. HE WANTS A ORANGE AND BLUE SCRAMBLER. AND HE HAS BEEN WAITING OVER A YEAR. HIS CHRISTMAS GIFTS WILL KEEP HIM QUIET FOR A WHILE.
    Simple solution... get him one with the sticks..... and put a throttle on the stick,. e.z. to do too. Or find a Gotcha ! hint hint!!

You could take bicycle brake levers or motorcycle brake clutch levers and use one on the right side of steering wheel for gas and left side for brakes..

Smile breaks

Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder73 View Post
    You could take bicycle brake levers or motorcycle brake clutch levers and use one on the right side of steering wheel for gas and left side for brakes..
    Brakes are in the pulling back of the sticks,.(left, or Right or both.......)

Quote Originally Posted by Amphiman1 View Post
    Brakes are in the pulling back of the sticks,.(left, or Right or both.......)
    Brakes are in the pulling back of the sticks,.(left, or Right or both......

I think he wants to use a steering wheel

The original Scrambler go kart steering wheel diameter doesn't give and 8 year old much leverage to steer with. You only need a bout 1/4 turn to the right and 1/4 turn to the left to steer so you may want use handlebars out of a snowmobile You can adapt the snowmobile hydraulic brake lever to operate the brake hydraulics and the standard snowmobile throttle lever.

Smile good idea .

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    The original Scrambler go kart steering wheel diameter doesn't give and 8 year old much leverage to steer with. You only need a bout 1/4 turn to the right and 1/4 turn to the left to steer so you may want use handlebars out of a snowmobile You can adapt the snowmobile hydraulic brake lever to operate the brake hydraulics and the standard snowmobile throttle lever.
    good idea Marc... u get a gold star today

+ Reply to Thread