Has anyone had this idle problem with vangaurd engine?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has anyone had this idle problem with vangaurd engine?

Has anyone had this idle problem with vangaurd engine?

Hi everyone. When I bought our argo it was in bad need of a tune up. The engine would always stall and would not idle properly. So I tuned the carb to where it sounded like it was idling properly and it would not stall. However, now the drive shaft is turning, which to me makes me think that its still not idling properly and it turns just enough that the belt spins and in turn is turning the drive axle to the transmission and I cannot shift unless I turn it off. Any suggestions?
    Thanks J

try lowering your idle to just before it dies

I had all kinds of problems when I first got mine. Carb was gummed up and had to clean that. Still would not idle. Adjusted the valves, better starting, but still poor idle. It wasn't until I went to change my plugs, I then realized the previous owner had the wrong plug installed. He was using some short thread NGK. I was concerned that maybe the briggs dealer had given me the wrong plugs, but I installed the longer ones and pulled it over carefully. Started and it runs like a top now. I guess the previous owner just used what ever he had.

thanks Guys! I will try both tonight. J

+ Reply to Thread