Attex Springer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Attex Springer

Whipper I would like to say that if this system works it will revolutionize the AATV industry. It has been my contention that this is what these machines need for mass appeal (Max and Argo you guys listening?). Think of the traction that you'd have as the machine suspension articulated over the terrain. I hope the all the R&D works well and your able to produce a kit for the max IV soon! (sign me up for the group buy!)

I wonder how this would work with a track kit. Would the suspension take the forces associated with track? Would the up down movement of the suspension cause a larger distance between the front and rear wheels stretching the track. Or would the track limit the suspension? I really don't plan on running tracks but I know a lot of people would be interested on how these two mods would interact.

I'm sooo jealous of you guys with these machine shops at your disposal!

anxiously awaiting testing videos

Mike

Attex Springer

Thats one bad to the bone Attex !! Its also some "VERY" outstanding fab work too!! The question that keeps coming to mind, is this:

I,m assuming you had to really beef up the Attex tub on the inside, opposite where each "A-arm" mounts on the outside, to stop the damage of the upward thrusting, that each individual "A-arm" puts on the tub?

Attex Springer

After going back and reveiwing all of the postings about the "Attex Springer", I think I might have an answer to my last posting, concerning the Springer,s tub reinforcement. Since you have a flat plate ( 1/4 or 1/8 mild steel ) behind each shock on the outside of your Attex body, is this also the same mild steel plate thats used on the inside as well, and this is all the reinforcement to the Attex body you need?

Man, as if I wasn't already anticipating going to AZ to ride.

Yellow spider

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-10-2016 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    Hope to test run this weekend
    This weekend....THIS WEEKEND! We need some test footage tonight!

I can barely stand it waiting to see this thing in action and I can only imagine the anticipation that you have.

I know, Whipper is really building anticipation here!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hello all...

I am new to this site and a good friend of Whipper's. I hope to be there for the test run this weekend

LR

OMG, I didn't catch the Al Hodge engine 'till I saw the photo in the Engines thread. What a monster!

Little Rhody, welcome to 6x6 World. Any friend of Whippers is a friend of ours (as long as it helps our group buy of the springer kits )

I wish I could be there for the inaugural of the springer. Please take many pictures and videos and them rush home to your computer to post as soon as possible

+ Reply to Thread