gas pedal

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: gas pedal

Lightbulb gas pedal

Has anyone ever used a gas pedal instead of a hand throttle. Does rec industries sale gas pedals for the max. It would probably not work to good for the winter if you got to much snow in the tub and probbably freeze up with out a heated throttle cable. I read on ebay someone had did a split shifter and a gas pedal in there max.

Smile pedals....

It seems easier to control the thottle useage when it is on the sticks.,.Scramblers have a foot pedal, you bounce around a little too much and the throttle does too it seems..... not the best for the drive train either....

The (my) Trail Boss also has a foot pedal, and as Amphiman stated, it is bouncy. I put a thumb screw on it so I can set the rpms to what I want and still can step on it if I need more. The whole idea of the throttle on the sticks makes sense, and I was actually considering converting over to that. Just haven't got around to it.
    It's all just nuts and bolts.

gas pedal

Thanks for the feedback. Thats what i thought to considering i trail ride in areas with a lot of roots sticking up. I also have to figure out how to change a scrambler steering over to something my 8 year old can use. HE CANT REACH THE PEDALS AND FROM FEEDBACK FROM THIS POST TELLS ME I SHOULD CONVERT IT OVER. I was thinking of making a homemade steering wheel or something like a odyssey steering wheel and putting the gas and using a atv hydraulic brake wich i have, and mounting it on the steering wheel. I have seats slides so you can move the seat back and 4th. HAS ANYONE DID THIS YET. AM I JUST DREAMING OR WHAT. I START RESTORATION OF THE SCRAMBLER TODAY AND WILL BE POSTING ALOT OF QUESTIONS AND PICS IN THE RIGHT FORUM OF COURSE. HE WANTS A ORANGE AND BLUE SCRAMBLER. AND HE HAS BEEN WAITING OVER A YEAR. I AM POSTING THIS ALSO IN OTHER AATV SECTION

+ Reply to Thread