Axles conversion

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Axles conversion

haha that looks like all sorts of fun

You HAD to post that photo, didn't you George? It gets me every time I see it.
    (And when I FINALY go for a Air-Bud shot of my own, everyone's gonna wonder why I have a helmet on with a tinted lens)
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I've bent a few...not really sure how.
    I havent bent a axle yet,,,not really sure how?

Not as funny as yours, George.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    I havent bent a axle yet,,,not really sure how?

Not as funny as yours, George.
    that's ok Larry, I average you out. I think I've only been on 3 rides where I didn't bend any axles. i ran my racer for a grand total of 8 minutes at the last Busco ride and killed both fronts. the Wolf faired a little better that trip. no bent axles, but i broke one. Whippers axles are on the "someday list"
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

take your axle supper heat them red hot and drop them in hydro oil then you wont bend them as often
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

haha guys im trying to fix mine but your giving me all these ideas i hope it lasts, i have the perfect jump

I wonder if the first gen axles are shorter or if its just the lighter machine or maybe that I only have 16hp? Maybe they made them out of better steel back then? So many questions, lol.

i got a 50hp 440cc two stroke Polaris, so i shouldn't have any trouble getting her airborne, but that might have been my problem in the first place with twisting them axles and hubs off haha

from what ive heard the first axels from the factory were hardned were as later ones were just soft cold rolled
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

conversion done just need to change out bearings and make a roll bar i have a feeling we just might have stumbled upon a combination that going to push the 60mph barrier hopefully
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

+ Reply to Thread