New guy , new to 6x6's....

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New guy , new to 6x6's....

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Hey 'Ceej,

The ULII-02s breathe a heck of a lot better than even the standard Cuyuna 5-ports do. Better cooling, often with CDI, better porting. Throw a couple Mikuni 34's on, and you'll be amazed at what it will do. You could run down most Superchiefs if you get it tweaked in right....

Squeeze one of the 430s in there. Dad will never miss it...

~m

:::EDIT:::
    I see that 2Si is still rating the 460 at 35 horsepower. My opinion is, that's about 20% low...

the engines he has ARE ULII-02's! i'd forgotten the model number of those engines!

WELL??!! What are you waiting for?! Sneak into the garage and grab one!

It'll bolt right into place of your T-Chief engine. Same clutch taper, same bolt pattern....
    ~m

WELL??!! What are you waiting for?! Sneak into the garage and grab one!

It'll bolt right into place of your T-Chief engine. Same clutch taper, same bolt pattern....
    ~m
    i'm on it!!!
    my dad lives about 3 1/2 hours away from me, but i'll probably grab one out of his garage since i'm gonna be there next weekend!
    will the electric start on the original engine bolt up to the ULII-02?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceejus View Post
    i'm on it!!!
    my dad lives about 3 1/2 hours away from me, but i'll probably grab one out of his garage since i'm gonna be there next weekend!
    will the electric start on the original engine bolt up to the ULII-02?
    You'd have to look at the flywheel on the ULII engine to see if its the same, but there is a prett good chance that it could. Here's my engine that started out life as a 400 JLO/Rockwell. I got some 5 port, 6 bolt heads and jugs from Hydromike on a trade. From there I had it bored out .020 thousandths over, installed all new forged Wiseco pistons, had the ports worked and did a little bit of polishing on some of the internals of the engine and now it screams! I'm running a 36mm Mikuni with a 300 main jet right now, but it seems to be just a little too rich so I might step down to a 280 or 290 like it says in my Cuyuna manual. Hydromike and I are going to be having a test and tune session with our machines tomorrow, so we'll post up about that then. That ULII is going to make that machine fast for sure. The only thing is that you'll have to rework the exhaust because it will be a little different than the original 4 bolt head 440 JLO/Rockwell set up. It shouldn't be too bad though, and we're all here to help.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Rework exhaust?
    Electric starter?

Rip the darn ring gear off and throw a big fat pipe on that animal and we'll bend up a cage for it. We'll go racin'....

~m

(in all seriousness, I still have a starter [and bracket, I think?] from a ULII-02 that'd more than likely bolt right up. Maybe even the ring gear, but that's likely the same from the JLO days... I'll check the warehouse tonight....)

i'm pretty sure my Dad still has the mufflers, ignition and everything with those engines he has.
    what sort of fuel pump system do these things have? i know on the airplanes it was just a gravity feed deal with the fuel tank sitting on top of the main keel.

I had a tank on my keel once... hurt like crazy....

Your two stroke will use a vacuum pulse pump. It uses the vacuum pulse from the engine's crankcase to move a diphragm style pump, which pumps the gas up to the carburetor(s). Mikuni makes a great one. Come to think of it, who else makes vacuum pulse pumps? I should start a new thread...

~m

Rework exhaust?
    Electric starter?

Rip the darn ring gear off and throw a big fat pipe on that animal and we'll bend up a cage for it. We'll go racin'....

~m

(in all seriousness, I still have a starter [and bracket, I think?] from a ULII-02 that'd more than likely bolt right up. Maybe even the ring gear, but that's likely the same from the JLO days... I'll check the warehouse tonight....)
    sweet!
    the UL's my Dad has are both pull start. i have no problems leaving them pull start if need be....

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    The only thing you might want to do is update the wheels and tires to modern style ones and just keep the balloon tires stored in your garage.
    what type of wheels will bolt onto these things? what is the bolt patters? are there adapters? is there a size that i should try to stick with? i did see the thread that mentioned the cosmetic blems from TSL. sorry for all the questions!

You can make adapters. There is a template for them on the site.
    3-4lug adapter
    3-5lug adapter

You cant run bigger then a 22" tire. Some 22" tires get really close. It also depends on how wide the rim is and the tire. Skinny rims make the tires taller. Tire size has no quality control it seems and even the same brands will vary. I would look at what tire you want. Find out what size rim and go from there. If money is an issue I get a way with running golf cart style rims but you cant run super low psi. But they are skinner usually and that helps hold the bead on and plus make tire taller. If you want a serious machine get the Matt O. beadlock rims.

+ Reply to Thread