Attex project

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Attex project

Looking good! Can't wait to see it in action.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Hello.Can anyone tell me how to cut a axle out?Without damaging the tub? Going to try to drill the allen bolts with left handed drill bit first.But would try cutting it if I thought I wouldn't ruin the tub.Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1971 View Post
    Hello.Can anyone tell me how to cut a axle out?Without damaging the tub? Going to try to drill the allen bolts with left handed drill bit first.But would try cutting it if I thought I wouldn't ruin the tub.Thanks.
    Unbolt both inner and outer bearing flanges. Once they are unbolted, you should have enough room to go at the inner bearing with a cutoff wheel. Cut the inner and outer race on opposite sides of the bearing and it should fall right off. If you can remove the sprocket assembly from the axle, you can attack the outer bearing with the axle out of the machine, if not, you may have to cut the axle to get it out, thus having to make a new one.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

One of these helps

And some of this stuff doesn't hurt

Push everything out of the tub and cut the axle at the area between the old outter bearing and the end of the sprocket tube

This was on a 72' Colt

Thanks! Guess I will have to jump in....

Ran the Attex this weekend. No major issues, just some chain and throttle adjustments. My daughter took over and did about 25 laps around the yard. Need to get the rollbar fabbed and install some seat belts. Hopefully done for Ashtabula. The 16 HP Briggs and the red spring really give this machine some low end grunt. I need to tweak the governor some for a little more top end. Amazing how nimble this is compared to my Max IV !

Nice job Lance! See ya in 3 weeks at Ash. Yep,little Attex is a blast after lumbering around in an Argo or IV.

Nice machine.

Cool! Hope to see it at ash!

Still plugging away! Had a lot of blow by coming out of the breather. Of course it didn't fix itself. Parts are on order, should still be ready to ride.

+ Reply to Thread