Thinking about doing a 40HP/60ftlbTQ

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about doing a 40HP/60ftlbTQ

Thinking about doing a 40HP/60ftlbTQ

Engine upgrade to my 97 Conquest. Ideas/suggestions?

What kind of engine?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

A Generac engine. Can get one for about 1800 bucks

Go for it. There's no better deal out there for a new motor.

Member Jeffery9076 has a Generac in his Attex and it goes like crazy. I'm thinking it's around 36 horsepower. I'm not sure what the torque is, but he was having trouble keeping sprocket tubes in it for a while- they were twisting the tubes open like a can of beans. I believe he got that problem under control. Sure seems like a good engine with lots of power.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Some of the Argos I've seen have generac conversions ranging from 27-30hp, I drove the 27hp machine and it was awesome in the Frontier 6x6, I would imagine the 40 hp would be more than adequate for any machine.

how about a 1000cc 3 cylender. Weighs 15 lbs more than the liquid cooled kawiasaki, AND run snow machine clutches

Thats only 15 lbs heavier than a FD620? Looks like alot more metal there. You're going to have to fab up some type of engine cover for that beast!!!!!! Is that a Geo Metro engine?

Yes sir. The geo metro engine is a Suzuki G-10 engine. THis one is a Throttle body injection model from a 92 metro. Their also found in suzuki swifts chevey sprint engines... i think i may be missing a few.. oh a fire fly too.

What makes it light is it is ALL alumanum, even the radiator. Subaru justies have a 1.0 L engine, but it is iron, and there for not suitable.

I only swapped to it beacue it was the cheapest route to get an altinator and fuel injection. Look around the site, there are vids of another argo with a chevey engine in it... good vids too.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...gine-swap.html

that thread should keep you happy for a while. It is what started my madness. Along with encouragement from a bunch of ohters.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Member Jeffery9076 has a Generac in his Attex and it goes like crazy. I'm thinking it's around 36 horsepower. I'm not sure what the torque is, but he was having trouble keeping sprocket tubes in it for a while- they were twisting the tubes open like a can of beans. I believe he got that problem under control. Sure seems like a good engine with lots of power.
    I'm glad that someone has tried the Generac brand out. I see now that the great state of Wisconsin makes some pretty good stuff!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

+ Reply to Thread