Fuel Problem maybe more.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

Thread: Fuel Problem maybe more.

Threaded View

Fuel Problem maybe more.

Ok Here is the problem. I replaced the old Chaparral 484cc engine with one that came from a snowmobile. 1st problem was the replacement engine had the clutch shaft on the wrong side. rather than tear into the newer replacement engine to fix the old one. I decided to just install the new engine in backwards. so now the exhaust is in the rear instead of the carb. and carb now in front. The Problem is the new engine starts as long as you spray fuel in it. but dies. if you keep spraying fuel in the carb it keeps running. had a 20 to 1 oil mix thought that was it but nope went to 32 to 1 maybe 40 to mix still same issue. The Fuel pump has two bottom line one top the top feeds the carb, the bottom two the right comes from engine the left from fuel tank and is mounted on rear drivers side back wall. 1st question being are the lines connected properly which I think they are or the old engine would have never started and ran which it did it just blew the head off from stripped head bolds after rebuild of last owner. that all said i know the carb worked properly before and the fuel pump but just in case i opened them both up made sure they were clean and fresh gas it had been stored with no gas in it I had drained it before I stored it. So i am wondering the clear plastic in the fuel pump seems a little bit wrinkled. my line to the carb now instead of just a few inches away is now over a foot away. Am I looking at a line to long issue and its not pumping fuel to the carb? Or am i looking at a Fuel pump issue which means it needs rebuilt or replaced which I'd do both replace with new and get the gasket kit and rebuild the old for backup. I am thinking its both the line to far away now and faulty fuel pump problem both any thoughts would be welcome. It also stinks i had to flit the engine in backwards and re-route both carb & filter as well as exhaust, which exhaust kind of worries me because i am thinking it may create to much heat and be to close to plastic body. any ideas there would be helpful to. thank you all as always you folks are all always helpful and kind.
    Last edited by awisewon; 08-23-2014 at 12:38 AM.