Hi!!

Probably about 8 years ago i got this Attex project half finished and ran out of spare time. We found a nice body and put a freshly sandblasted / painted frame, new sprockets, and a rebuilt T-20 with brand new chain. Thats about as far as we got! This machine was originally slated to get a 400 Kohler 2 Stroke. But, after watching everybody put put their 4 Stroke's around Ashtabula like 6 wheeled golf carts, my motor plans have changed! I like the idea of the exceptional reliability of a 4 stroke (my 2 stroke chap likes to break!!). Plus, We don't have any 4 strokes in the gerber fleet yet (i believe uncle Jim has a tomahawk thats almost complete).

Due to this being the first 4 stroke we have done, i have some questions that the family cant answer! Keep in mind this machine has superchief 500 chap sprockets, and i dont want to go back and change that now. Hoping i can make up for the gearing difference with a higher powered 4 stroke.

1) What type of 4 stroke? Size / Brand / fuel injected / output shaft size / where to buy? I would like to go brand new or very lightly used since everything else on this machine is brand new, and i plan on keeping it forever. I prefer Kohler / Honda but a nice briggs would be ok. What size fits nicely? I want the most power i can get without having to make modifications to stuff something huge in there. Hoping to use my 500 motor mount, just drill new holes What do you guys think? Think reliable!!

2) Clutching. Where do i find a good clutch for the 4 stroke? Does it have to be 1 inch output shaft or can i find a good clutch that will fit 1 1/4'

3) Exhaust. This body does have a hole cut for a muffler. Ideally, i would like to use it. But, I could put a patch in. Do you guys recommend trying to make it work with a superchief muffler or vent it out the seat cover?

4) Wheels / Tires. I am tired of balloons. Beads keep ripping on me. I have 5 bolt adapters for the hubs, but i have no 5 bolt rims. Where can i buy quality 5 bolt rims for a decent price? Also, tires. This machine wont see too much serious mud, it will mostly be an around the yard and light woods trail machine. Uncle Jim recommended Duro's to me, but anything soft that isnt too aggressive tread pattern works for me. Where to buy / what do you recommend?

I would love to get this thing done in time for Ashtabula next year. I am exited to get it going!! Thanks in advance for the help!

-Mike Gerber