So....... I found this little deally oh over the weekend. The tub seems to be in pretty decent condition. The PO took the rear axle in to get a new one fabbed up, and took the engine in to have it checked out. I would have done this myself, but for $300, what does one expect. So here are the issues.

1. The tranny is in 2 halves, and he was originally told that it needed a new drum. I don't see an pitting, rusted, or channeled areas in the drums. The bands even look work evenly and have some pad left on them. How does one tell whether the drums need to be resurfaced or replaced?

2. I called the place that was doing work on the engine, and they replaced the coil and rebuilt the carb. Total damage....... $500. Needless to say, I am debating throwing in a different engine instead of dropping $500 on an antiquated powerplant. I do have a spare Fuji Heavy Polaris 488 fan cooled sitting around. How difficult would it be to use that, and would it be too high revving on an engine? If it wouldn't be ideal, what would you guy recommend for a replacement. Don't have the money to throw a new Vanguard in there.

3. The cowling looks as if it was ripped off at some point. Is there a decent way to fix this thing? I am thinking 2 steel plates and a metric a$$ ton of rivets?

4. The muffler is WAY bigger than the hole for it on the tub. Is there a larger flange that goes there?

5. Does anyone have a manual for the Tomahawk? I can't seem to find any information on them.

I can't wait to get digging into this thing! TOTALLY new realm for me. I know how to wrench, and work on vehicles, quads, sleds, etc., but this thing looks like a damn clock under there!!!!! PURE AWESOMENESS!!!!

Thanks for any help beforehand!20160321_171254.jpg20160321_171248.jpg20160321_171240.jpg20160319_161758.jpg