WOT=broke Argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WOT=broke Argo

WOT=broke Argo

Note: No dumb rednecks were harmed during this ordeal

After a recent engine overhaul (ahem, lol) from a local bandolero builder I decided to take my 06 Bigfoot out to "break in" the motor. The builder said don't worry you can't blow it up. Heeding his expert advice I got on a long stretch of local Ga. dirt road and pushed the ol girl to see what she would do. 25 mph came up real quick and I thought she would stay there (being used to governed motors) but to my surprise she was still climbing up in speed. I then got a wild hair and pushed her even more, 30, 35, I knew I shouldn't but I couldn't help myself. At this speed I could feel my fillings vibrating out and wanted more. After hitting 40 I felt like Bill Munro on his Indian and decided I and the machine had had enough and then it happened, boom! My smile was a memory as expletives jumped out my mouth. Trying to stop a zero turn bath tub in a panic stricken state is at that speed is next to impossible, all impulses say mash the brake, then my Argo training kicked in. Oh yeah, to stop you turn the bars left or right. Now that is a good idea 20mph or below, not at 40+. Luckily the good lord saw fit to give me one more day on this earth and kept me from rolling over after a high-G sideways skid. After stopping I got out to check my stricken ride and this is what I found: Exhaust was broken off at the heads, primary clutch exploded, pride decimated. I was able to limp rather loudly back to the trailer and called my mechanic. He laughed and told me to bring it in. I did reach 44 mph (on GPS) before my crash and burn. Moral of the story is use these rigs like they are supposed to be used or be prepared to pay. Argo-Adventures loves me.

Your dang Lucky you didn't roll it !!!

WOT!!! = broke Argo

Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    Your dang Lucky you didn't roll it !!!
    Ah come on Wedge. This is an occasion to celebrate! Our Member GKP got to experience the high side of 40 mph. The raging pressure of blood flow to the brain. The freezing fear that you might roll. The silent prayer that you don,t want this to be the day that you die and then ! wow!, the realization that you're ok. Even the machine isn't too bad. Gee I can still drive it a bit. This type of experience" blows the carbon" out of our thought waves and makes us more alive. Welcome Mr. Gkp to a higher degree of living. But maybe you should back off a bit. Congratulations

Thanks, I learn't my lesson. I don't bounce back like I used too. I got kinda carried away but I'm good now. Good learning experience for all.

+ Reply to Thread